Nano Tanks

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Nano Tanks

Post by SuperProofer »

Hiya,

Anyone out there have any small (I mean small!) tanks? I tried looking through the gallery for ideas, but most of the pictures/links in the posts don't work.

I'm just looking for decorative ideas for tanks less than 1/2 gallon. Mine is approx. 0.25 gallon (desktop). Would love to see pics!

Thanks!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Nano Tanks

Post by Mustafa »

It's hard to maintain super tiny tanks over the long term. That's why you won't see many of them. My smallest "tank" is a 1/2 gallon mason jar. And the shrimp in there are reproducing too.
SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by SuperProofer »

I will more than likely upgrade in the future now that I have a better understanding of all this stuff. :D But I need some practice first with these little guys. 😊
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

SuperProofer wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:20 pm Hiya,

Anyone out there have any small (I mean small!) tanks? I tried looking through the gallery for ideas, but most of the pictures/links in the posts don't work.

I'm just looking for decorative ideas for tanks less than 1/2 gallon. Mine is approx. 0.25 gallon (desktop). Would love to see pics!

Thanks!
Mine are not those decorative tank but more like all stuffing in one place kinda tank. Like an ugf tank but not so, just easier for emergency wc.
Previously I used to cover the top with thin material like the 2nd pic but now I just use back it's original cover like the 1st pic.
Anyway you can also Google image for more ideas on tiny tank.
Attachments
IMG_20171023_114438.jpg
IMG_20171023_114555.jpg
SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by SuperProofer »

Is that one of those tanks you pour the water in and it drains the bad water out? Does it really work?
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

SuperProofer wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm Is that one of those tanks you pour the water in and it drains the bad water out? Does it really work?
Yup that's the one. Yes it does work. Just make sure to check those water that came out whether there are babies opae before throwing it out. I marked the highest spot where the water stopped so when top off RO it's just up to that level.
SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by SuperProofer »

I was actually thinking of using it for a beta, not the shrimpies. 😊
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

SuperProofer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:46 pm I was actually thinking of using it for a beta, not the shrimpies. 😊
Oh you have 1 too? :D You can use it then haha
SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by SuperProofer »

I don't have one yet. ;-)
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

SuperProofer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 pm I don't have one yet. ;-)
Oh alright then. it's an option though but it's totally not a tank for decoration, other than that everything is good :)