Halocaridina rubra

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: Halocaridina rubra

Post by Neonshrimp »

Thanks for the information. Drop in, move and feed got it :)
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

badflash wrote:MTS don't need a very gradual acclimation. Mustafa taught me to put them in 1/3 salt, 2/3's salt, then full salt. You wait each time until they move & feed. It takes about a week and they are in full salt.
yeah, I expect that since they are from tidal zones they can handle quite a change in salinity even within one day. However, the gradual transition is more for the micro-critters and 'conditioning' the tank than anything else.
Westwood
Egg
Egg

Post by Westwood »

Thats Very interesting. about graduating them to full salt .
when i got mine i found them at OR for 100 foir 50 bucks Way back when .
They had there own tank and i had a pair of fish that where salt water die on me so i got something easy the shrimp.
Had them for a long time and had a fire but i put mine in straight sw water . maybe i should not have ...
sounds like i came to the right place to learn Westwood
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Westwood wrote:Thats Very interesting. about graduating them to full salt .
when i got mine i found them at OR for 100 foir 50 bucks Way back when .
They had there own tank and i had a pair of fish that where salt water die on me so i got something easy the shrimp.
Had them for a long time and had a fire but i put mine in straight sw water . maybe i should not have ...
sounds like i came to the right place to learn Westwood
Welcome Westwood, this is the place to learn many things invert. Sorry to hear about the fire, hope you have been able to rebuild and recover. Take care and hope to talk to you more later.