Help

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

peachlovevuitton
Egg
Egg

Help

Post by peachlovevuitton »

I just started with Super Shrimp. Do I need sand for my tank? Do you think a large Mason jar would be big enough for 10 shrimp? When I do add the shrimp into the tank do I let them hang out in the water while still in the bag like you do with fish?
jcfrank922
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Help

Post by jcfrank922 »

Just follow setup instructions provided on the website https://www.petshrimp.com/set-up-a-supe ... tructions/
jcfrank922
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Help

Post by jcfrank922 »

For 10 shrimp, select a container that is 1/2 gallon or larger. You need a source of calcium carbonate. Aragonite sand works well. Add about 1/2 to 1 inch sand to your tank. You can also add sea shells for calcium carbonate. You do not need to float the bag in your tank before releasing your shrimp to your tank. Create brackish water by adding half the amount of marine salt for creating ocean water to distilled water. Example: Buy a gallon of distilled water. Add 1/4th cup of Instant Ocean marine salt. 1/2 cup Instant Ocean salt per gallon makes ocean water, so cut that in half to 1/4th cup salt per gallon to create brackish water. Let your tank cycle for about a month before you add your shrimp.