Anyone know who will ship cherry shrimp to Hawaii?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Benjamin
Egg
Egg

Anyone know who will ship cherry shrimp to Hawaii?

Post by Benjamin »

Anyone know who will ship cherry shrimp to Hawaii? I would go thru petshrimp, but he doesn't ship to Hawaii. Better yet if anyone is from Hawaii and have some to spare.
Thanks. Ben.
theshrimp_123
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by theshrimp_123 »

As much as I dislike them, they do have a wide variety, so I say http://www.azgardens.com. Plus they ship to anywhere. (I think) Just be there to get them, Their shipping methods are terrible.
Bradimus
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Bradimus »

Check Aquabid. IIRC, there is an importer based in Hawai'i who often posts there.
Benjamin
Egg
Egg

Post by Benjamin »

theshrimp_123 - i would go thru azgardens but i've read some not to good things about them.

Bradimus - would you know the person's name.
ts168
Egg
Egg

Re: Anyone know who will ship cherry shrimp to Hawaii?

Post by ts168 »

Benjamin wrote:Anyone know who will ship cherry shrimp to Hawaii? I would go thru petshrimp, but he doesn't ship to Hawaii. Better yet if anyone is from Hawaii and have some to spare.
Thanks. Ben.
Hi Benjamin, Are you from Taiwan?
I have always know that cherry shrimp come from Taiwan?

What we get here come from Taiwan mostly.
Bradimus
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Bradimus »

@Benjamin:

It might have been Sino, or something like that. Check the Invertibrates section.
Benjamin
Egg
Egg

Post by Benjamin »

ts168 - I'm from Hawaii.

Bradimus - I'll keep checking aquabid, thanks.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

His name on aquabid is "Syno." I had sent him some red cherries quite a while ago and he might have established a population of them now.

Just contact him and see if he has any...

Mustafa
Seumas
Egg
Egg

Post by Seumas »

http://www.floridadriftwood.com just started carying cherry shrimp in addition to Amano shrimp. You can call them and see if they will ship to Hawai , I saw nothing mentioning they wouldn't in their shipping policy section. Although I would assume if they do it will be pricey just because of the distance. If you do call, ask for Dwight, he's the owner and very helpful with info on plants , equipment and of course shrimp :). Cherry shrimp are not pictured or listed on their main page , just Florida flag fish and Amano shrimp, but if you click on the Amano shrimp link they will be listed there w/out a pic.

good luck.
DanHagan
Larva
Larva

Post by DanHagan »

It is against the law to import cherries to hawaii. I would be carefull about doing so! The wild and less colorfull version of Neocaridina denticulata sinensis is abundant in Hawaii and is often sold as a feeder shrimp there. You may want to just stick with that shrimp!
NFR-22467-A
Egg
Egg

Post by NFR-22467-A »

what about azngardens is bad? ive never heard nething bad....
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

NFR-22467-A wrote:what about azngardens is bad? ive never heard nething bad....
This question is totally off-topic and does not belong in this thread. If you want to learn more about people's experiences with azgardens you can search the internet, this forum and other forums.

Mustafa
(with Admin hat on)
chlorophyll
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by chlorophyll »

DanHagan wrote:It is against the law to import cherries to hawaii. I would be carefull about doing so! The wild and less colorfull version of Neocaridina denticulata sinensis is abundant in Hawaii and is often sold as a feeder shrimp there. You may want to just stick with that shrimp!
Just wondering, where did you find out that it's illegal?
Because N.d. sinensis has already invaded and continues to be sold cheaply and abundantly at pet stores in Hawaii, I'm not sure what the ecological problem would be with the introduction of a color variant of the same species.

Besides, I'd hypothesize that the reds would have less survivability in the wild here, compared to the plain colored ones. They would also be less likely to be set free into the wild by careless hobbyists, due to their higher price and generally more attractive appearance.

But it's true, I've never seen them up for sale around here.
Not C. japonica either. In fact I've only seen plain N.d. sinensis and H. rubra for sale in pet shops here (aside from various marine shrimp).
Erirku
Egg
Egg

Post by Erirku »

If your interested, let me know. I know someone who sells'em.
blenny
Larva
Larva

Re: Anyone know who will ship cherry shrimp to Hawaii?

Post by blenny »

ts168 wrote:
Hi Benjamin, Are you from Taiwan?
I have always know that cherry shrimp come from Taiwan?

What we get here come from Taiwan mostly.
Singapore has one or 2 farm doing cherry breeding.