glofish and blue pearls in the same tank

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

durtypanda
Egg
Egg

glofish and blue pearls in the same tank

Post by durtypanda »

Hello i am wondering if this is a good idea.to keep 5 glofish with 10 blue pearls will they try to eat the shrimp or eat the baby shrimps.also do you think that is over stocked for a 10 gal? I could only buy 10 at a time from tbe seller and i plan on breeding in the same tank.i also have a question if anyone has ever used super glue to attach moss to lava rock or driftwood?? Thanks again
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: glofish and blue pearls in the same tank

Post by zapisto »

my personnal opinion , is if you want breed shrimp , keep shrimp only .... of course you will always found people who say this X fish never touch my shrimp or shrimplet, but general rules is for breeding kkep only shrimp.
just my 2 cents
I have no clue what glofish is actually .....

Z.
durtypanda
Egg
Egg

Post by durtypanda »

Not a good idea i had to move the fish to a friends.they were attacking the shrimp after they molt
demonte1997
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by demonte1997 »

Do you mean, glowlight tetras?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

demonte1997 wrote:Do you mean, glowlight tetras?
No, he means "glofish". It's a copyrighted name for genetically modified zebrafish. These zebra danios have a jellyfish gene spliced into their dna that makes their skin luminescent. Just type in "glofish" in google and see the pictures. Either way, danios can and will bother small shrimp.