my tanks

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: my tanks

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

alright sweet!! thanks for the info. ill keep an eye out for them.

tomorrow morning im going to be posting pictures and an update on all the tanks finally. its been a while!
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

rip chowder... i never would have thought that ghost shrimp would team up like that on a guppy. 5 or 6 shrimp just ripped him apart in minuets :smt010 i figured he'd be fine in with the shrimp so i put him in and went to make a cup of coffee. i came back and he was in pieces :'(
Attachments
ghost shrimp finishing poor chowder :(
ghost shrimp finishing poor chowder :(
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

a couple pictures of the tanks as they sit now! cant wait to get the 40B up with the opaes!!

oh ya! and the 20H has no heater as well as the STT and Mosquito Fish holding tub.
Attachments
a couple ghost shrimp in the 72
a couple ghost shrimp in the 72
holding for silver tip tetras and mosquito fish
holding for silver tip tetras and mosquito fish
20 gallon High with guppies in it now
20 gallon High with guppies in it now
10 gallon ghost shrimp tank - recently up graded :D
10 gallon ghost shrimp tank - recently up graded :D
72G Bow Front
72G Bow Front
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

i ordered a 50GPD RO unit just a few minuets ago on Marine Depot. now things can get pretty serious. i can get the 40 Breeder set up for the Opae's and i can finally get some REAL shrimp and not the ghost shrimp :p even though they will always have a place in my heart as "the first shrimp" i ever kept. im going to be setting up one of my two 55's for a supreme balancing act of keeping CBS and Carbon Rili's. it'll be fun and they wont interbreed.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

IN TRANSIT 11/17/2015 06:05:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY

this is my RO unit :D its gona be here today!!
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

quick update i switched the 20H to a 20L its going to be some pristella tetras, dwarf corys, and ottos. probably some snails from the plants i put in. the 10 gal shrimp tank is dong good. i saw a juvi shrimp in there once, but havent seen it since. all the other times they were copepods :( but i do have a smaller shrimp in there that could be the juvi that survived. i got a goldfish and put in a plastic 12gal bucket with a diy wet/dry and aquatop 496gph return pump. i got the opae tank hardscaped, now to fill it and get some shrimp :smt004
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

forgot these in the last post. lol
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

yesterday before i went to work (in like an hour and a half maybe 2) i put together this 10gal with flourite black sand and some plants i bought online a little bit ago. i didnt rinse the sand i just put it in and filled with air line tube on a plate as not to disturb the sand. i had 0 - yes 0! - cloudiness until i started shoving plants into the sand. im running a sponge filter on it and its almost clear again. i do have to play with the placement of the plants again, so ill get some cloudy pics and post another pic tomorrow morning of how cloudy it still is.

this 10gal is gona be for dwarf cory and otto breeding
10gal with some of the plants
10gal with some of the plants
the stand its all on
the stand its all on
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

jonesinfershrimp wrote:rip chowder... i never would have thought that ghost shrimp would team up like that on a guppy. 5 or 6 shrimp just ripped him apart in minuets :smt010 i figured he'd be fine in with the shrimp so i put him in and went to make a cup of coffee. i came back and he was in pieces :'(
The fish was probably either really weak or dead already. The "normal" ghost shrimp can't really catch and hold on to adult guppies.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Oh...I think I also found your tub full of mini oreos that has been missing for months:

download/file.php?id=1353&mode=view

:-D

Any more updates? What happened to the CBS and carbon rilis?
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

i've been super busy the last couple months. but more updates are coming soon (when my tax return gets in). lots of changes. CBS and Rili's are going to have to wait. theres been unexpected financial set-backs. that tub of oreos was a great little filter! lmao
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

:smt005 updates/upgrades today after work!! the ghost shrimp are getting a new tank! i wont give away too much about it before it happens though. im gona document the process hopefully if i remember in all my excitement.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

emptying out the 10gal old home
emptying out the 10gal old home
filling the new 20 long home
filling the new 20 long home
this snail has eggs on its shell LMAO!!!
this snail has eggs on its shell LMAO!!!
added a new piece of driftwood to the tank. havent finished filling it yet though. im doing a couple gallons a week with remineralized RO instead of all at once. there was one casualty, but i ended up finding out that theres 4 baby ghost shrimp instead of the original 2 i found in january.
thought it was just THESE 2, but theres 4!
thought it was just THESE 2, but theres 4!
these little suckers are doing great. probably almost an inch long and theres nice black and white stripes on their backs. i want to do some serious breeding with ghost shrimp at some point and try to get a mutation like takashi did with the bees.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

jonesinfershrimp wrote: i want to do some serious breeding with ghost shrimp at some point and try to get a mutation like takashi did with the bees.

I've actually been thinking about the possibility of this for years! It would be awesome to have some red ghost shrimp, at least partially...or any other color actually. :) I may start breeding some again this summer...we'll see.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

i have to get a few more ghosties for the tank. i haven't seen any dead ones, but i only have 2 decent sized ones left and one of the small ones died. i think theres 5 total left and only one male thats too small to breed yet. ill go buy another 10 at the store soon and try to get this seriously underway. i dont see why no one likes them so much, they are my favorite of all freshwater shrimps.what little color they have is awesome when they are happy and healthy. they are also probably the easiest freshwater shrimp to care for IMHO.