Tourmaline mineral balls

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Tourmaline mineral balls

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

does anyone use these? if so what are your results? im trying them in my small tanks. if thry work well ill use them always
JennyPenny
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Tourmaline mineral balls

Post by JennyPenny »

I researched them a bit because I think they look really cool. What I concluded is that they are not really regulated, so you don't even necessarily know what's in them. Different shops have different recommendations for how many you need per gallon. I believe I remember Mustafa recommended against them in this thread, which is for H. rubra, but has good info for freshwater shrimps as well. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5739&p=36810&hilit ... ine#p36810
Jymkym1
Egg
Egg

Post by Jymkym1 »

I started using these in my cherry shrimp / ghost shrimp tank and have noticed the color of my cherry shrimp has become a brighter red.
jonesinfershrimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by jonesinfershrimp »

over the last few months i have noticed that my shrimps have been more active and the little bit of color they do have is extrordinary. the black and white stripes across their backs is very noticeable and the orange/red spots on their tails is very vibrant. i occasionally find the shrimp crawling across them and picking at the ones that are broken.