Sudden Price Drop

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Sudden Price Drop

Post by beckypyyeung »

Crystal Red is the most expensive species. It used to be US$12 - $13 each in my country. However, tonight I saw hundreds of Crystal Red in a big tank. Each cost just US$7; buy ten and get 10% discount. I scrutinized them. They are real Crystal Red, but they're just smaller than those I used to see in fish shops. Don't know why the price suddenly dropped.

Besides, Cherry used to be US$3 to US$5 each. But tonight I saw US$1.2 to US$2 each. Don't understand why. :smt017
scampi
Egg
Egg

Post by scampi »

Maybe because of all the farming and home breeding on that species?
Jackie
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Sudden Price Drop

Post by Jackie »

beckypyyeung wrote:Crystal Red is the most expensive species. It used to be US$12 - $13 each in my country. However, tonight I saw hundreds of Crystal Red in a big tank. Each cost just US$7; buy ten and get 10% discount. I scrutinized them. They are real Crystal Red, but they're just smaller than those I used to see in fish shops. Don't know why the price suddenly dropped.

Besides, Cherry used to be US$3 to US$5 each. But tonight I saw US$1.2 to US$2 each. Don't understand why. :smt017
Professional breeders try to pick out the nicest shrimps for breeding, and sell the nicest babies for a lot of money. The "notsobeautiful" babies often cost less.
On the other hand - shrimps are getting more and more popular, it's not strange that they are a lot cheaper than na few years ago.
kimco
Larva
Larva

Post by kimco »

Wondering when that is going to happen here. 2 out of my 5 CRS is MIA and presumed dead so i think its time to restock. Hopefully price will come down as much here too :-D

Cheers,

KG
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

Oh, I see.