Pictures of your shrimp tank!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Shrimpmania
Shrimp
Shrimp

Pictures of your shrimp tank!

Post by Shrimpmania »

:-D Personally , i would like to thank god that i found this website. Haha. Because of this website , i discovered a excellent hobby! THUMPS up for mustafa!

Everyone! Share the photos of your shrimp tank. In this way , i believe we can brighten up everyone 's life when they see picture of tanks from people all over the world sharing the same hobby. To me , i actually feel very happy when i get to see pictures of your shrimps or tanks:-D

I apologise for the poor qualtiy pictures though :( I am using a normal canon 4 mp camera to take these pictures with the aid of a magnifying glass! :lol: It actually 'help' me to zoom into my shrimps! :lol:

My shrimp tank

My cherries

My baby red cherry shrimp!! i spotted them 2 days ago!!! LOL!

This gotta be the best! I spot this baby fish when i was looking at my tank ! LOL! I guess it was 'unintentionally' inside the net when i was catching my shrimps at my LFS. LOL!

My red nose!

My bumblebees

Thats all~ Thanks for watching! 8) :-D :D
White_Fin
Egg
Egg

Post by White_Fin »

This is my shrimp tank: Image

My Red Noses:

Lunch time!!!!:

I hope you like it!

P.S.- shrimpmania, I think your bumble bee is a New Bee Shrimp! the first stripe is white!
Shrimpmania
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Shrimpmania »

My bumblebee is a new bee shrimp? OMG! I didn't realise it until u told me . HAHAHa. NIce red noses u have tehre.

Anyway , wat is tat they u are feeding yr shrimp??
White_Fin
Egg
Egg

Post by White_Fin »

in picture i was feeding them with pees and carrots! but I give them spinach, corn, plecochips(jbl), discus granulat (sera). yesterday I bought 5 new bees two! :D
Shrimpmania
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Shrimpmania »

CARROTS!!!??

hahaha. I would like to try it someday.

Perhaps my shrimp have get a better eye sight :lol:
Shrimpmania
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Shrimpmania »

Come on guys. Post picture of your tanks.
White_Fin
Egg
Egg

Post by White_Fin »

here it goes a little update:
The new restaurant:

The eggs from my female gracilisrostris:

And now, my new shrimps... New Bee:

I hope you like it!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

White_Fin wrote:P.S.- shrimpmania, I think your bumble bee is a New Bee Shrimp! the first stripe is white!
Actually, here we just call it "white-head bumblebee." The name "new bee shrimp", which seems to be exclusively used in Singapore and neighboring areas, is technically incorrect and confusing since it implies that these shrimp are somehow closely related to the bee shrimp. However, I have all of these shrimp (bee, bumblebee, white-head bumblebee etc.) in my tanks and I can guarantee you that the white-head bumblebee is more closely related to the bumblebee shrimp.

To make things even more complicated...the pictures you posted are actually not the same variety of shrimp as the pictures shrimpmania posted although you call them both "new bee." There are so many different varieties of shrimp that are imported as "bumblebee" shrimp from Hong Kong that it will be a major task to catalogue, photograph and distinguish all of them. I am in the process of doing that right now to bring some clarity to this whole mess. At this point people can't even distinguish between bee shrimp and bumblebee shrimp, let alone among all those different varieties of "bumblebee" shrimp. This will change as my info becomes available and as these shrimp become more common in the hobby.

In the meantime, it would be nice if confusing (and technically incorrect) names like "new bee" would not be used.
White_Fin
Egg
Egg

Post by White_Fin »

Pardon me but I don't knew that in EUA it called "White Head Bumblebee"! In Europe is called "New Bee", and wasn't my intention create confusion! why you say "...the pictures you posted are actually not the same variety of shrimp as the pictures shrimpmania posted although you call them both "new bee."...". the shrimp looks the same variety to me! thanks
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

White_Fin wrote:Pardon me but I don't knew that in EUA it called "White Head Bumblebee"! In Europe is called "New Bee", and wasn't my intention create confusion! why you say "...the pictures you posted are actually not the same variety of shrimp as the pictures shrimpmania posted although you call them both "new bee."...". the shrimp looks the same variety to me! thanks
Actually, only a few people in Europe call it "new bee" ever since some Germans started participating in discussions forums in singapore and were told they have "new bees." Now some of them are going around saying they have "new bees." Until then they were all called bumblebees even in Europe, although some realized the differences among some of the bumblebee varieties.

And of course they look the same to you and probably to most people as it takes a trained eye to see all the differences in coloration and morphology. Bu then, to most people the bee shrimp and the bumblebee shrimp look the same, too, although they are definitely not the same. In other words, if you are not familiar with different varieties of shrimp, then it will be hard for you to disguish these shrimp.

I know you are not intentionally trying to create confusion; that's why I stepped in and explained the whole thing as the name "new bee" is confusing enough all by itself.