Anyone From Canada

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

yeaulman
Egg
Egg

Anyone From Canada

Post by yeaulman »

Just wondering if anyone is from Canada other than myself. I am in Saskatchewan.
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

I am in British Columbia.
TKD
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by TKD »

Same

TKD
Cubano
Egg
Egg

Post by Cubano »

This is a SHRIMP forum; not a person locator... Which means the focus is on keeping and breeding shrimp. If you wanted to know who was from where, you should send them a PM or look at their information, thank you for wasting people's time who are truly dedicated to their shrimp. :smt117
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Wow..wow...slow there. It's ok to ask where other SHRIMP KEEPERS are located. I don't think "yeaulman" was using this forum as a dating service. :-D
Cubano
Egg
Egg

Post by Cubano »

Oh, alright Mustafa. Sorry about that I was just trying to keep your forum free from nonshrimp topics; I apologize. In that case, how many of you fellow shrimp fans live in Southern California? Those who do live in Southern CA. where do you get your supplies?
LiquidBee
Larva
Larva

So Cal

Post by LiquidBee »

I'm from So Cal !!!.....but I'm not a true Shrimp hobbiest yet since I only have the Hawaiian Red Opae Shrimps, not really challanging he he......But just want to give a shout out
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Cubano-
It didn't take you much to break you lose did it? You have broken the rules now. Read the stickies at the beginning of the forum. You can't ask:
where do you get your supplies?
It is OK to review your personal experience with any particular seller, but not OK to ask where do I get this or that. The difference is subtle, but I'm sure you understand. Without that it becomes a bazaar.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Badflash said it. This is the second (and last) warning for you already, Cubano.
demented_lullaby
Larva
Larva

Post by demented_lullaby »

Cubano wrote:This is a SHRIMP forum; not a person locator... Which means the focus is on keeping and breeding shrimp. If you wanted to know who was from where, you should send them a PM or look at their information, thank you for wasting people's time who are truly dedicated to their shrimp. :smt117
Yay for people with 17 posts telling everyone else what to do!

I'm from Quebec :) any shrimp keepers wanna chat PM me :-D
cyber_ecco
Egg
Egg

Post by cyber_ecco »

I'm from Vancouver, B.C.
Ecir
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Ecir »

Go BC! I'm in Nanaimo :D
yeaulman
Egg
Egg

Post by yeaulman »

No I am not using this as a dating service, I am just trying to find fellow hobbiests in Canada and ask them questions :)

I just dont know where to get shrimp from here anymore, as my LFS wont order any in.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

That's what I thought, although I was hoping it was more for "shrimp breeding/keeping information exchange" purposes and maybe local meetings (in aquarium clubs and such). Just make sure you ask those "where to get shrimp" questions through private messages and not in the forum. But just for future reference for everyone, I would rather not see questions like "where are you from" popping up in this forum for the sole or main purpose of trying to ask people where you can buy shrimp. Otherwise, everyone in every city and region in the world will do the same and the informational value of this forum will go down the drain and it will become what I want to prevent it from becoming...a marketplace. Plus, it's against the stated rules of this forum.

For other purposes, you can always look at people's profile information to figure out where they are from if they chose to publicize that. That's the one thing Cubano was right about in his first post in this thread.

Hence I am closing this thread.