white turns yellow

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

White_Fin
Egg
Egg

white turns yellow

Post by White_Fin »

hello, i have a problem, the white from my white-head bumblebees [edited by admin due to misleading common name usage] is turning yellowish. I need to know if this is normal and if there is something i can do against this color changing! thanks
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

This could mean that your bumblebees are not feeling all that well. Depending on the variety, subspecies..etc. you have, it might be their normal variation, too. You'd have to show a picture for me to be able to tell you what is the case with your shrimp.

Also, please do not use the term "new bee" in this forum. If you do a search I have explained several times why this term is absolutely misleading. The shrimp you are talking about are either bumblebees or a subspecies, or a species that is in the same species complex as the bumblebees. They are *not* bee shrimp as the term "new bee" might lead people to believe.
White_Fin
Egg
Egg

Post by White_Fin »

hi mustafa! sorry but, its allways de same problem with the names. I'll try to not forget next time! when I bought them they were bright white and now they are uncolor. I can't take a picture until next week. but they are all eating. another problem is that my two females loose the eggs on the 3º day of pregnacy, and there are several males to fertilize the eggs. I don't get it! in last month one female got a lot shrimplets and they are all growing well!