thanks to all contributors

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

hoddit
Egg
Egg

thanks to all contributors

Post by hoddit »

I'd just like to pass along my thanks to all those that contribute to this forum. I've been a FW aquarium enthusiast for a good while now, and am just beginning to get interested in invertebrates (the article in TFH was like throwing fuel on a fire). I've gleaned quite a lot of information both from the site and from the various topics posted here.....so hat's off to the petshrimp.com community.

PS my wife unfortunately does not share my opinion of you all as I have now announced plans to setup a small shrimp only tank.......which will give every room in my house an aquarium :oops:

I'm sure I'll be floating some newb questions your way soon as I come closer to starting the new tank!
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

First off, welcome to petshrimp.com. It is always great to see new members and receive their input. I found your post about Magnolia leaves helpful and will be sure to post my experience with them. Hope to hear more from you soon :)
YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by YuccaPatrol »

Best thing you can do here is settle into a comfortable chair and just start reading any thread in these forums that seems even remotely useful. You will learn a lot by spending a couple evenings doing this.

Take care and don't worry, my wife thinks I am nuts too.
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Don't worry. Enthusiasm is infectious. I caught my wife feeding live guppies to the turtle today (sammei). She was hand feeding to teach him to hunt. The turtle is overweight like most of us. Just give it some time. Have them name them. It make a HUGE difference.
Terran
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Terran »

YuccaPatrol wrote:
Take care and don't worry, my wife thinks I am nuts too.

Yeah my family and friends think Im crazy too....

And I think my level in the hobby is pretty tame....I only have four tanks....one 30 gal one 20 gal and two tens...and I only have Dwarf Cajuns and Red Cherries....
Shrimp&Snails
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Shrimp&Snails »

When your wife sees the shrimp and shrimplets she won't be able to resist. :wink:

In my house it's me that's shrimp crazy (I have three tanks of them and would have more if I could)....hubby prefers fish.....for now. :twisted: :lol:
Beansly
Egg
Egg

Post by Beansly »

I've got a 125 gallon tank with some red claw macro in it, 2 ten gallon tanks that I've been breeding glowlight danios in, and a couple of white worm cultures down in the basement. My wife calls everything that lives down there "The Legion" and will rarely go down there. Lately, when she walks by the computer and I'm perusing this site, she rolls her eyes and mutters about "shrimp centerfolds". She'll come around!
Shrimp&Snails
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Shrimp&Snails »

Beansly wrote:"shrimp centerfolds"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hoddit
Egg
Egg

Post by hoddit »

Thanks for the encouragement! Look for some pics of the new tank in a few weeks... :wink:
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Sounds great hoddit. And don't forget to have fun while you are at it :wink:
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

With time,
all Family and friends,
will come around to the understanding.