What is that shrimp...

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Aquasaur, thanks for the pictures...BUT...the pictures are way too large (file size). They take forever to load even with a high-speed connection. You need to size them down to a smaller size. Otherwise I will be forced to remove the pictures for the above reasons. Thanks.
AQUASAUR
Egg
Egg

Post by AQUASAUR »

Thank You very much for the link, Ecir !
Ecir wrote:
Good luck with the next batch and keep up the amazing photos!!

Ecir
Sorry, but obviously, the good quality pictures are not much welcome here…:wink:
Mustafa wrote:Aquasaur, thanks for the pictures...BUT...the pictures are way too large (file size). They take forever to load even with a high-speed connection. You need to size them down to a smaller size. Otherwise I will be forced to remove the pictures for the above reasons. Thanks.
Mustafa, I was delete some of my photos to make lighter the loading…
Sorry, but to make them smaller is stultify my intentions to present tanks inhabitance in attractive, spectacular way…:idea: :P
I just wanna say a few words about picture resolution…
Meaning all forums (almost 20), where I’m a member, it’s only here
I met that problem, about limiting good photos resolution to low… :roll:
May be, some reasons about that are really like: practice economy of hosting place,
slow Internet connection, low desktop resolution, a HATE scrolling back and forth after someone wide photos…
But, in my opinion – only the quality photos in enough big resolution(optimum 800/600 pix.)
can give the people all that beauty, attractivity and details of the fish(especially the shrimps)... :P
The perfect pictures are the “frontage” of member’s achievements (from every site) to present that great hobby by unique visual way… :idea:
Everybody likes good quality pictures and been entranced of them… :shock: :P :!:
Much people have taken their choice about tanks inhabitance , exactly after seeing some impressive photos… :smt041 :smt055
May be now, not everyone has a speed Internet connection, perfect PC monitor, good camera…
But prosperity of these technologies is rising up every day…
and it’ll be cool to let that part of members and visitors (with advanced equipment)
to satisfy with all the neat pictures in those great forum...:P 8) :smt023
That is in my poor opinion…:idea:
The site (and choice) is yours, Mustafa – if you don’t like my way presenting…just remove the rest my pics …

Cheers! Image
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Aquasaur, you don't understand. I did not say that you should make the pictures smaller. Just make the *file sizes* smaller. Your pictures don't have to be 600kb and above at the size they are. If you have 10 or more pictures like that on one page, it can slow things down considerably, especially if the server your pictures are on has a slow day (like yesterday). You can use any picture editing program to get their file size down to about 60kb - 120kb (at most) without any visible loss in quality. I do that with my pictures all the time and I have 800x600 size photos in my shrimp varieties pages. It's not a difficult thing to do really and most people do it automactically before posting their pictures online.

No need to get offended and have an attitude. It's not about me liking your pictures or not. It's nothing personal. I am just doing my job. If any of the "old timers/regulars" had posted pictures that take forever to load, I would have said the same to them.

Enough said about this. You know what to do. If you still have issues with this, you can PM me. I don't want any discussion of this sort (i.e. people questioning my intentions when I tell them to do something) to go on in this thread (which is supposed to be about shrimp).
wklotz
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by wklotz »

Hello AQUASUR, hello Zhaoliang!
zlguo wrote: It is not Neocaridina sp., from your pict.1, it is clear belong to Caridina sp.. it is also not Caridina japonica, for C.japonica has longer rostrum.Maybe it is a new species to science.
I think I kow this shrimp well ;-)
The shrimp pictured on your photo is this species called "Amano shrimp" in the aquarium trade.
As already stated out by Prof. Guo most shrimp sold as "Amano shrimp" differs from typical C. japonica (multidentata) in having a shorter rostrum, reaching just to the distal end of first antennular peduncle. All other morphological characters agree well with the descriptions of C. japonica, epecially the distinct shape and dentation of the dactyli of 3rd and 5th pereiopods.
Shrimp with this characters (e.g. the short rostrum) were described by Kubo in 1938 from Ryugado/southern Japan and named as C. japonica sikokuensis.

Some months ago Andreas Karge, a colleague of mine got some shrimp from western Taiwan which also shows this short rostrum. This is interesting because C. japonica was known only from southern and eastern Taiwan until now. Furthermore it could be shown that this taiwanese shrimp could sucsessfully breed in freshwater (rich in calciumcarbonate). Unfortunatly the egg size and morphology of the first zoea stages could not examinated until now.
Andreas sent some of this shrimp and some C. japonica (multidentata) form Japan to K. Zitzler from the Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany for genetical comparison.

Another "portrait" picture of a egg bearing female:

Regards Werner
AQUASAUR
Egg
Egg

Post by AQUASAUR »

Hello, Werner!
Thank you very much about that comprehensive information… :idea: :smt023
You give me hopes that my babies - larvae of that shrimp will survive...:P
They look happy for now and growing every day… :smt026
The parents seems get prepared to next batch…:smt008
Please, keep sharing any additional new information about that…:!: