New import...

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

New import...

Post by Pigheaddd »

You like Vampire Shrimp, but cosider its size. This is for you.

http://p078.ezboard.com/ftoninastyledis ... ID=2.topic
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

The normal VS rocks ! Thanks for the photos though ... cute lil bugger! :-D
scrimp

Post by scrimp »

I stumbled across this link to what seems to be a hybred of a cherry and a tiger shrimp...just like I was wondering about the other day. Im not sure if it is a hybred though the owner of the shrimp doesnt seem to know. Take a look at the pics though. http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showt ... p?t=149982

Tell me if it is or if it isnt if you know :)
Bradimus
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Bradimus »

They are not RCS x TS. See this thread.
scrimp

Post by scrimp »

Yeah but he didnt say it was impossible, so it could be did you see the pictures.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

You can't just tell by looking at some picture (with the shrimp in the picture about 20 miles away and thus hard to see details anyway). "Tiger Shrimp" are also quite variable and can have shades of blue, red, yellow and even a stripe on their backs. A reddish Tiger shrimp does not mean it was crossed with some other red species.

Plus...as Red Cherries are Neocaridina and Tiger Shrimp are Caridina there are even Physiological differences which make it unlikely that these species can cross.

Mustafa
Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Pigheaddd »

amber2461 wrote:The normal VS rocks !
Totally AGREE... :twisted:
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

My 2 boys had a slight tiff this morning. The alpha male went chasing after the other male striking him non-stop from behind ... chased him into a corner and literally bullied the other male... poor fella.

It went on for about an hour ... there lots of intermission though ... then it went on again. But now they are side by side feeding .... boys; go figure ! :smt102