Welcome to the Petshrimp.com Discussion Board!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Welcome to the Petshrimp.com Discussion Board!

Post by Mustafa »

Welcome! I am glad that you are interested in keeping shrimp and found this forum. Let's all make this forum a success by sharing our experiences with these beautiful little creatures.

Feel free to ask any questions you have on your mind and I will try to find an answer for your questions. Others are welcome to chime in.

Mustafa
http://www.petshrimp.com
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

I'm sorry I missed the anniversary of the forum. I guess we were all too busy, what with Mustafa's move and school graduations, etc. In any event, marking the 3rd year milestone of the official shrimp hobby is something that should be celebrated!

Congrats Mustafa, and thanks for your tutelage over the years!
Terran
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Terran »

Yeah whats up with the lack of celebration?

This place is great

:!:
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

Oh yeah...I forgot too...what with graduating from Highschool and everything...I've been really busy lately.

Congratulations! A great achievement. :smt023
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

:smt041 :smt035 There you go...party! With dance and music! ;) I'm celebrating the existence of this website and the hobby every day actually. But...the real celebration will come when we finally have our national hobbyist organization (which I am going to get going soon) and even more people get serious about shrimp (and get captive populations going). Hopefully when the fifth anniversary comes along we can finally party for real during an annual convention or something. :)

The funny thing is that there was not a single english language shrimp forum around when I made my post above. If I am not mistaken there wasn't even a German one around (just a mailing list). And, of course, there was no good info whatsoever on any english-language website on shrimp...nothing..nada..zip. Nobody had a clue about shrimp and there were tons of myths in circulation, spread by many (now retired :-D ) pseudo-experts and their followers.

Look at how far some of our forum members have come, right badflash? ;) I'm sure back when I made my first post in this forum you thought that shrimp are only something that you eat for lunch or dinner or feed to your fish. :) Thank you for sticking around after my first few lectures on fairy "shrimp" :-D . Thanks also to everyone else who have contributed so much to this website over the years!

Anyway...no matter how far we've come, it's still just the very beginning. And that's exactly what will keep this hobby exciting for a long, long time. So, let's celebrate...and keep celebrating! :)
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Look at how far some of our forum members have come, right badflash?
No kidding. I just put 4 more 20 gallon tanks on line and dug a pond in the back yard. Talk about a shrimp (and cray) nut!

Anyway, thanks for the hard work and post a few pics of your new set-up.
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

Wow, a convention sounds like a lot of fun...

Again, congrats Mustafa, and everyone else here! :D
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

:D Because of Mustafa and his Forum :D

This is what happens to someone that has been bitten by the Shrimp Bug.
And has the information to properly keep Shrimp.

Sorry Mustafa
:D My wife has some wild idea that this is all your fault and I have no idea where she got that from :D

And there are 2 more empty racks that are almost ready for more tanks.

Mustafa
Thank You for the Great Forum

And Thank You to all of the Members that contribute the additional information

John
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

John, you're slacking! I see an empty tank!
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

i am not in the same country but in the same continent, when i start have interest in shrimp , i can say , i had nowhere to found shrimp and more important information on them, and suddenly petshrimp.com appear on a search , wow i was lucky , and drink all the info on this site until my eye balls ask for a rest.

now lot things change , it is still difficult to get shrimp in canada , but the information is there.

because of you mustafa , i remove all fish from my tank and replace them with all kind of shrimp, i am so happy

Thanks mustafa , and thanks also to a lot of member here who make me feel better when i am really pissed not found any shrimp othen than japonica and cherry here.

again thanks petshrimp.com and thanks mustafa

PS: mustafa pics of your new setup would be really nice to see. :roll:
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

:D Give me a break :D

I already have 25 tanks that have Inverts in them.

A person does need at least a little sleep now and then.

Badflash
How is the pond doing ?

John
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

Wow, Newjohn...Nice setup! I wish I had the money/time for that big of a setup.

I'll have to wait till after college...I'm just sticking with my 3 tanks for now...My 10g shrimp tank, a 6g reef, and my 55g main saltwater tank that I'm using for raising Peppermint shrimp.

-John
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Newjohn wrote::D Give me a break :D

I already have 25 tanks that have Inverts in them.

A person does need at least a little sleep now and then.

Badflash
How is the pond doing ?

John
As a sailor buddie of mine used to say "you can sleep when you're dead!". Man could that guy party!

The pond is dug and full of water. I'm de-clorinating it now. Loads of landscaping to do. My computer with the camera drivers is down just now. Pics soon.
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

And my wife thought I was bad, and I only have six tanks!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

The shrimp bug is a dangerous one....no cure whatsoever. And I apologize to everyone's wifes and husbands for infecting their significant others. :-D

I would love to post pictures of my setup right now (although it's still a "preliminary setup" until I establish my big breeding facility) but the only problem is that I bought my digital SLR with only a macro lens for macro photography. For non-macro photos it works like a zoom lens. I would have to stand about 30 feet away to even get one tank in the frame. I have an old point and shoot camera in one of the boxes that we have not upacked yet, but I will try to use that to get a picture of the racks. It's nothing special, though...just a bunch of tanks in racks with sponge filters, air supply (for the sponge filters) and lots of light. Not nearly as fancy as Newjohn's setup. :wink: