Ghost shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

LillianDouglas
<b>BANNED</b>

Ghosts

Post by LillianDouglas »

I wish I did .The oranges don't look to bad . And right now .I'm trying to decide which ones to get .And I'm trying to find out which plants that you can put in a 2.5 tank.If I find a pictures I'll send some okay.,Lilly :D
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Ghosts,

Post by Baby_Girl »

LillianDouglas wrote:Can you tell me if the 'Oranges & purple are dyed. And what other colors are there.
are you asking about guppies or shrimp?
LillianDouglas
<b>BANNED</b>

Ghost

Post by LillianDouglas »

The ghost shrimp ., :D
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

Are you sure they're ghost shrimp? If they are indeed Palaemonetes sp., then they are injected with dye or fed dyed foods to obtain that color because glass/ghost shrimp are naturally clear in color.

There are orange shrimp, but they are in the Caridina genus I think. Do the ones you're talking about look like the ones in this thread? viewtopic.php?t=2807
LillianDouglas
<b>BANNED</b>

Ghosts,

Post by LillianDouglas »

Yes ,They did look like that. Do you know any thing about them.,Thanks Lilly :D
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

LillianDouglas wrote:Yes ,They did look like that. Do you know any thing about them.
The Search function is your friend :wink:
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Baby_Girl wrote:
LillianDouglas wrote:Yes ,They did look like that. Do you know any thing about them.
The Search function is your friend :wink:
Not only is it a friend, but it's also one of the rules to search and research. Lillian, you're given a link to a thread (i.e. someone else is doing the research for you) and you don't even read what's in the thread. I have already suggested earlier to use the search function and perform research (lots of it..as in hours and hours, days and days...) before asking questions that have been answered many times before. So, consider this a warning....please follow the rules or appropriate measures will be taken.
LillianDouglas
<b>BANNED</b>

Okay

Post by LillianDouglas »

'Okay ' .I try and do better next time., :D
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Okay

Post by Baby_Girl »

LillianDouglas wrote:'Okay ' .I try and do better next time., :D
that's a great attitude to have! :-)
LillianDouglas
<b>BANNED</b>

Ghosts

Post by LillianDouglas »

I just want to know if I got the filter for a ghost shrimp tank.Its a tetra canister filter.And how should the flow be set on it., :D
sstimac
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by sstimac »

It depends. I have a Fluval 304 running almost full capacity on a 46 gallon tank and my RCS do very well. They do not mind the current. Other species may have different preferences.

The important thing, however, is to install a foam pre-filter on your intake tube. Otherwise your little babies could get sucked into the filter. I am afraid to admit that I do not use carbon at all in this tank and it is my only shrimp tank. Instead I have opted to use additional foam pads, ceramic rings and ceramic stars. *Just throwing out some suggestions.

If you go carbonless you will be extra reliant on your biological filter, because of which you will want to make sure the tank is absolutely cycled.
LillianDouglas
<b>BANNED</b>

Thanks,

Post by LillianDouglas »

'When I go to my pet store .I'll ask about them about those things.,Lilly :D
sstimac
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by sstimac »

At the store I work for we sell them for a couple of dollars. Ask for a replacement sponge for a sponge filter.
LillianDouglas
<b>BANNED</b>

Plants,

Post by LillianDouglas »

"What a good plant to put in a tank that small .And do you like the ones that are 'Snail free' .I hate getting those 'Free Snails ' in my tanks ., Lilly :D
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

"What a good plant to put in a tank that small .
I have one of these small tanks and I just have small portions of different plants all around the tank. I have petite anubias nana, potted HC and dwarf hair grass, mini moss, Marselia hirsuta and small clippings of stem plants. You can be creative with a small tank.