Cherry Shrimps & Daphnia.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Corydoras seracin
Egg
Egg

Cherry Shrimps & Daphnia.

Post by Corydoras seracin »

Will the Cherry Shrimps eat the Daphnia or will the Daphnia eat newly born Cherry Shrimps?.

The problem is, that i have them both in the same tank with lots of Java moss......
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Cherry Shrimps & Daphnia.

Post by zapisto »

Corydoras seracin wrote:Will the Cherry Shrimps eat the Daphnia or will the Daphnia eat newly born Cherry Shrimps?.

The problem is, that i have them both in the same tank with lots of Java moss......
in my experience no to the 2 questions.
Corydoras seracin
Egg
Egg

Great news :D Thanks alot & best regards from Malta. :-D
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

I've observed cherry, ghost and amanos shrimp eating daphnia. Daphnia are no treat at all to young shrimp.

These shrimp appear to have small fans similar to filter feeding shrimp that they can use to catch them.
Corydoras seracin
Egg
Egg

Well, if the Cherry Shrimp eat the Daphnia, then it's no problem.

Thanks alot badflash.
Corydoras seracin
Egg
Egg

Well, Yesterday i saw a few baby Cherry Shrimps & this is my first time with these little critters. :wink:

There are still some Daphnia in the tank & i am writing here, just to confirm what zapisto & badflash wrote. That the Daphnia don't harm the newly born shrimps.

Thanks alot Guys. :-D
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

Corydoras seracin wrote:Well, Yesterday i saw a few baby Cherry Shrimps & this is my first time with these little critters. :wink:
congrats on your first babies. It is a momentous occasion that everyone on this board remembers, I'm sure :D

I don't think daphnia are physically equipped to hurt anything larger than floating micro-foods and phytoplankton :-D So your RCS hatchlings are definitely safe.
aberfitch
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by aberfitch »

They live together in harmony. Daphnia is a great fry food. I usually pour the daphnia in my guppy tank so the babies can eat it up. They just love it.