feeding cherry red shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

janbee
Egg
Egg

feeding cherry red shrimp

Post by janbee »

I am considering feeding live adult brine or baby brine shrimp to my cherry red shrimp as a supplemental food. For that matter, I could also consider live brine as a supplement for the orange or crystal red shrimp. Have any shrimp owners done this? I know my ghost shrimp(both marine and fresh water) go crazy when I add live brine to the tank. Jan
sstimac
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: feeding cherry red shrimp

Post by sstimac »

I have fed with freeze dried brine shrimp and my "ghost" shrimp take to it quite a bit more than my cherries do. My cherries zoom around when I feed with it, but they usually congregate in areas where some have fallen to the sand.
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

This should be done only rarely. They prefer plant based foods. Brine shrimp will foul your water and like majic hydra will appear out of nowhere.
sstimac
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by sstimac »

badflash wrote:This should be done only rarely. They prefer plant based foods. Brine shrimp will foul your water and like majic hydra will appear out of nowhere.
Good point. Be sure to feed small amounts, feed with reason.
mshuangchao
Egg
Egg

Post by mshuangchao »

I've fed my shrimps frozen ones before and they seem to like it, not as much as the bloodworms though.
janbee
Egg
Egg

Post by janbee »

Hydra are small jellyfish, right? I thought they were a saltwater aquarium problem. Jan
badflash wrote:This should be done only rarely. They prefer plant based foods. Brine shrimp will foul your water and like majic hydra will appear out of nowhere.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

janbee wrote:Hydra are small jellyfish, right? I thought they were a saltwater aquarium problem. Jan
Hi Jan, Unfortunately Hydra can become a major problems in fresh water aquariums as well. A quick search on the subject will reveal the many discussions the forum has had about hydra.