Trip to the springs!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

thief
Larva
Larva

Re: Trip to the springs!

Post by thief »

Well I hope the government can fix that problem! But what is the accual problem? Pollution? Loggers?

Anyways I think it would be great to breed these shrimp and maybe even return them to their streams when you get more than enough of them. Also I forgot to mention I loin the ferrari Hat! :wink: :-D
behhl
Egg
Egg

Post by behhl »

Neonshrimp wrote:
... unfortunately with the price of development many of these streams ecosystems have been upset.
That is really bad news. So the streams there are being polluted and destroyed? If you have a chance try to take a day to visit one and see if what you can find, maybe you can save some shrimp and breed them as a hobbyist :wink:
thief wrote:Well I hope the government can fix that problem! But what is the accual problem? Pollution? Loggers?

Anyways I think it would be great to breed these shrimp and maybe even return them to their streams when you get more than enough of them. Also I forgot to mention I loin the ferrari Hat! :wink: :-D
Unfortunately there is a lot of pressure to open up and use areas of previously undeveloped land. Factories start appearing upstream, or agricultural land or timber logging etc, or housing areas get nearer and nearer affecting the runoff water quality that fills the springs; as well in many developments the road drains etc get emptied into rivers ... so you can see where the picture is heading.

Its not only shrimps, but also wild fish and flora etc.

There are I am sure still areas where you can find these flora and fauna its just that they are getting lesser in quantity/quality and further away from where we live - so you have to make a big trip to get to such areas nowadays.

Regards
mshuangchao
Egg
Egg

Post by mshuangchao »

It's the sad truth, there is a huge price to pay on the environment for economic development :cry: . When will these two both develope in harmony!
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

wow
very nice pictures
dream :)
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

I agree with you zapisto! If you ever go on another trip please take more pictures of the habitat/stream so we can try to understand the natural environment of the the shrimp. I would like to know what type of trees are near the streams since the leaves must fall in and add to the shrimp ecosystem.

Thanks.