Lemon leaf with shrimps??

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Serafin
Egg
Egg

Lemon leaf with shrimps??

Post by Serafin »

is this ok? i read somewhere that is good for all kind of shrimps

what kind of leaf you use in your shrimp tank?

any procedure with leaf before puting it in shrimp tank?
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: Lemon leaf with shrimps??

Post by Neonshrimp »

I use oak leaves in my tanks. I guess you can try lemon leaves, maybe someone already has and will post their experience.
any procedure with leaf before puting it in shrimp tank?
If you do a search on leaves you will find the procedure for collecting and preparing leave. The basic things to do is to collect dry leaves and soak it for a while. Let us know how they work for you.
behhl
Egg
Egg

Re: Lemon leaf with shrimps??

Post by behhl »

serafin:

I live in Malaysia - what I did after reading Mustaffa's recommendation of leaf litter - and from my personal observations of streams in my country I tend to agree with him on his assessment of the majority of enviroment for shrimp, all I did was go out into my garden and pick up some dried leafs which had fallen from trees around my house, soaked them a day or two in a bucket of water till they sank then I popped them into the aquarium with the shrimp. I even don't know what type of trees they are ... so there you go.

So far so good. The only leaf I personally rejected was a type of bamboo leaf which did not really seem to dry up so well ... perhaps I will need to try that one again in future.

What I am trying to say is that most tree leafs will do so long as they are dried till they are crinkly and crunchy. In most cases there will be no disaster - just observe for a while after putting the leaf in, normally any adverse situation manifests pretty quick in my observation.