Green Stone Shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: Green Stone Shrimp

Post by Neonshrimp »

in my country this shrimps cost 7€ each, so to get 20 more is too much for me at this time.
That is alot of money, you must be an addict like me. But seriously, please don't buy again from someone who sends you only females, you will most likely just get more females and end up with a tank full of females that most likely will not reproduce. If you jsut want the shrimp for show than this is alright but if you want to breed them find someone who will help you by providing both sexes.
Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

yeah, it can be difficult to get an even sex-ratio. Especially since many green shrimp are still imported and wild-caught from Asia. Mine were. In an order of 25 adult green shrimp, there were only 2 males. The reason for this is probably because females are larger and easier to catch for the collectors in the wild, and then again in the supplier's holding tanks.

As these guys get more popular in the hobby, we will have an easier time finding suitable mates. In fact, in the past 8 months since I've been keeping green shrimp, the number of domestically raised tank-bred suppliers of these guys has increased (including me! :-D ). Don't know how advanced the shrimp-keeping hobby is in Croatia though ;-) If you absolutely must, you can probably get some sent to you from other European countries? Germany seems to be pretty up-to-date on shrimp as pets. Of course, then it's another expense for shipping but that's the price we sometimes pay when our goal is to breed and propogate a less common variety.
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

its just me who have green shrimps in my country, and of all LFS just 1 is able or want to get me shrimps. thats the store from i already get this shrimps, so only from them i can order another shrimps.

i dont now nobody from germany or italy who has shrimps.

i will wait to se if this little is a male(hope)

[portion of post asking for shrimp to buy removed]
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

I have removed your request to buy shrimp from Germany. It's against the rules! This is your second and last warning and I am going to ban you if you break the rules again. Please go *read* the rules carefully. Thread closed.