Could we be importing something more from Sulawesi

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

southerndesert
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Could we be importing something more from Sulawesi

Post by southerndesert »

Hi All,

Noticed this odd bump on one of my Cardinal Shrimp from Sulawesi this morning... Glad these shrimp are in their own tank and have not been mixed with other species if this is a parasite of some sort. It is very hard to keep track of this shrimp as there are many in the tank, but I will be keeping an eye on it. Perhaps an injury...hard to tell. It looks allot like a pimple I guess would be the best way I could describe it to you.

Your thoughts....?

I am not sure even if I want to leave this one in the main tank.... Could it be we are importing something else with these shrimp?????

Cheers, Bill
Guba
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Could we be importing something more from Sulawesi

Post by Guba »

If something erupts out of it's stomach , whatever you do don't shoot it! It's blood is all acid and will melt through many layers of steel. Just kidding. Maybe it's some sort of tumor. I hope it's not a parasite of some type, I just got some crabs from Sulawesi and I hate to think they may have the same thing.
nwinverts
Egg
Egg

Post by nwinverts »

Wow Bill, tuff call at this point hopefully it is just an injury and will go away after the next molt....
But I also know what these babies cost, so I definitely understand your concern aside from the fact that these are our pets and we all develop an attachment to them.

I personally am a wait and see kind of person...please let us know what you decide and/or what develops.

Mark
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi Bill,

So this is the only one affected? I would keep it sepeate to see any changes for the worse or better and if there is no change after a time I would make a decission at that point. These are great looking shrimp, best wishes with them.