New Member Intro "HI!"

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

RMDelete
Egg
Egg

New Member Intro "HI!"

Post by RMDelete »

Hello! I was not quite sure if there was an introduction forum or thread, I tried looking via the search prompts but couldn't find anything so I just wanted to all let you know who I am and why I am here :)

My name is Laura and I live in San Diego (don't mind revealing location)

I have been doing tropical and saltwater aquariums for a couple years now and when I moved into a small condo had to kiss my 46g goodbye. I was very interested in Opae Ula and found it increasingly difficult to come by some. I had been visiting a LFS and bumped into an employee there asked him where I could get one and he pointed me to this site and told me that I'd need a lot of luck to get one from here too lol!

That was about a year and a half ago. Today I purchased Opae Ula setup from an online retailer and have set myself a 2.5g brackish all Opae Ula setup. These guys are great! I have only done research off and on for a few months and I have found it difficult to obtain real good information. The site I purchased from does offer advise etc but I just thought I'd re-check this site again since this is the site my LFS pointed me out too and I trust them very much :)

So I look forward to reading more threads and gathering information from you all!

Thank you!
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: New Member Intro "HI!"

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the site, my name is Richard and I too am in SoCal. There are many post and threads on the subject of "Opae Ula/Halocaridina rubra" on this site. I too have been thinking about raising them for a while now, maybe some day soon :-)

Happy reading and hope you find all the information you want.
adimeatatime
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by adimeatatime »

Hi Laura and welcome :smt006
RMDelete
Egg
Egg

Post by RMDelete »

Thanks everyone! :) There are soo many interesting threads on here to read about haha
Guba
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Guba »

Welcome! I lived in San Diego for a while way back when and never got to know the "hobby" there (military). I've never found those shrimp for sale anywhere, but after reading about all the posts of those shrimp on this forum I'm not sure that I want to keep them. But that darn curiosity still there! :lol:
adimeatatime
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by adimeatatime »

It is amazing the information you can find when searching this site. :smt023 There is something on just about any shrimp you might be thinking of keeping. I enjoyed reading the older threads where people were trying to figure out water parameters etc for some of the shrimp that you see popping up now as well like the bumble bees for instance. :D
RMDelete wrote:Thanks everyone! :) There are soo many interesting threads on here to read about haha
KenCotigirl
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Post by KenCotigirl »

Welcome Laura. Good luck with your Halocaridina rubra. I just the other day got some. Some pictures will follow. By the way what is an 'LFS'.

Ken P
infopimp
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by infopimp »

LFS = Local Fish Store