Beautiful Pictures

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Beautiful Pictures

Post by beckypyyeung »

Hi Shrimp Friends,

Attached is a website in Chinese. Beautiful shrimp pictures are in there. I would like to share their beauty with you all.

http://vn-72.netfirms.com/72-shrimp.html
Shrimpmania
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Shrimpmania »

OMG... Magnificent camera and pictures.. the crystals look nice
louieknucks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by louieknucks »

Those are some really clear and detailed pictures. I would love to have a camera of that quality.
retardo
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by retardo »

agreed, beautiful pix. what kind of shrimp is the 4th pic down? is that a bumblebee?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks for the pics, Becky! :) I am always glad to see some chinese websites about shrimp since most of the websites about shrimp out there are either German or Japanese. :)

Mustafa
kimco
Larva
Larva

Post by kimco »

Mustafa wrote:most of the websites about shrimp out there are either German or Japanese. :)

Mustafa
This shows that ShrimpMania is SPREADING!!!!! :P I know for a fact that over here in Malaysia, esp around the KL area, the LFS cannot produce enough shrimps to satisfy demand! Supply normally lasts at most 1 week for a less popular kind like malayan while rednose or cherries or bee normally gets sold off within 2 days!

Cheers,

KG
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

Very glad to see that my shrimp friends enjoy the pictures I discovered. I love those pictures too.

I didn't know German and Japanese keep pet shrimps.

About the fourth picture, let me translate the Chinese words here for your reference : "Real Bee Shrimp - Crystal Shrimp is modified from its genes".

Let me know if there is any Chinese words you wish to know.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hi Becky!

Thanks for translating. :) I actually know some Chinese myself (Mandarin). I used to be able to have conversations in chinese but I have not spoken it in 6-7 years, so I have forgotten quite a bit. :) I should start refreshing my memory again (once I find the time) since I love Chinese. :) Plus...there are so many interesting shrimp species in China and it helps to know Chinese well if I want to travel to China to catch them. :) Here's a little bit of Chinese in Pinyin: Zhongguo you hen duo piaoliang de xie! ;)

Mustafa
beckypyyeung wrote:Very glad to see that my shrimp friends enjoy the pictures I discovered. I love those pictures too.

I didn't know German and Japanese keep pet shrimps.

About the fourth picture, let me translate the Chinese words here for your reference : "Real Bee Shrimp - Crystal Shrimp is modified from its genes".

Let me know if there is any Chinese words you wish to know.
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

Hi Mustafa,

I speak Mandarin too. Wow, you still remember so much Hanyu Pinyin after 6 to 7 years. (For most shrimp friends' reference, Hanyu Pinyin is a kind of Chinese phonetics).

xie = crab
xia = shrimp

That's just a typing error :)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

beckypyyeung wrote:Hi Mustafa,

I speak Mandarin too. Wow, you still remember so much Hanyu Pinyin after 6 to 7 years. (For most shrimp friends' reference, Hanyu Pinyin is a kind of Chinese phonetics).

xie = crab
xia = shrimp

That's just a typing error :)
Hi Becky,

Yes, I know pinyin very well still and also remember a lot of Chinese characters. I used to know about 2000 chinese charcters (both read and write), but now I only know a fraction of that. I am sure I can become fluent in Chinese, though, if I lived in China for a couple of months.

And yes...I mixed up "crab" with "shrimp" in chinese...haha. At least they are pretty similar animals ;).

If you have more chinese shrimp website you want to share, feel free! :)

Mustafa
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

2000 Chinese characters is quite a big databank. Local Chinese people just use 3000 to 5000 words in average.

Last time I just shared with my shrimp friends here photos attached to a Chinese website coz I was afraid they couldn't read Chinese words. In this case, next time I'll post here what I've got.
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

Hey Mustafa

You are certainly a man of many hidden talents ... :-D
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

They are only "hidden" until someone asks. ;)

Mustafa
amber2461 wrote:Hey Mustafa

You are certainly a man of many hidden talents ... :-D
Ljung
Larva
Larva

Post by Ljung »

can't wrap fire with paper.... :lol:
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »