General questions about Keeping CPOs

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

toanxtoan
Egg
Egg

General questions about Keeping CPOs

Post by toanxtoan »

In San diego, do you believe you can keep cpos outdoors year-round?

Can you mix Cherries and CPOs? i guess what i'm wondering is if CPOs will eat baby Cherries.
angry pirate
Larva
Larva

Re: General questions about Keeping CPOs

Post by angry pirate »

no probs keeping cherries with cpos here, they're just too quick for them. as for keeping them outside i have no idea about that i guess it depends on the tempreture more than anything so as long as the tempreture doesn't drop too much and you've a deep enough pong without any predators i don't see why not.
toanxtoan
Egg
Egg

Post by toanxtoan »

Pirate, thanks for your help.

I guess i really don't know that much about keeping inverts yet.

i think it'll be fun keeping community inverts, like the community fish tank... an assortment of breeding inverts in a single tank, that'll be awesome.
angry pirate
Larva
Larva

Post by angry pirate »

i think that would be awesome, however i also think it would be a lot more hassle than it sounds as most crays, unless given a hell of a lot of space, don't really mingle to well. although i do admire your enthusiasm. as for mingling i'd stick to a few types of shrimp and a variety of crays in the same tank. i currently have my main tank as a sort of rescue project, i always get suckered in to buying loners and the sick at my lfs and as my vasquesea(spelling is probably wrong) don't seem to mind it's become quite chaotic, but there you go. cpo's are general fairly simple to look after though, good luck with yours.
nick11380
Larva
Larva

Post by nick11380 »

If you start a community invert tank make sure you do your research and only keep inverts that can't interbreed together. Otherwise you will end up with a tank full of hybreds.