Wondering of someone could help me identify a shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

xchairity_casex
Egg
Egg

Wondering of someone could help me identify a shrimp

Post by xchairity_casex »

About 3 weeks ago i stopped into the pet store a good distance away while going to stay at a hotel. and i seen they had some shrimp that looked alot like Amano shrimp buck were all an inch long or longer they were about as big around as a sharpie marker. quit large they were 1.99 a piece. i asked every worker there and NONE of them could tell me what they were becuase "they didnt do the ordering" well if they got on with my tank conditions i would love to have some for my goldfish tank becuase i tried ghost shrimp but they all got eaten becuase they were too small but theese guys would have been perfect! well i would have gotten a few but i wasnt on my way home so i didnt. on the way back thru i stopped in to ask the next round of workers if they could tell me what those shrimp were and also if they would be getting more in since they were all gone and even the sign for them was gone. again no body could tell me anything about them and told me to try back at another day. well ive been trying and all they say they have is "orange" shrimp. but those are too small. can someone help me? even if i dont find out what those are are there any type of freshwater shrimp that is an inch in length that would do well with goldfish? the PH is at 7.0 and although i donot have a heater on the tank i have 2 small pictus in the tank with the goldfsh so i keep the water slightly warmer then what the average goldfish would be in but dont worry the goldfish are thriving and the cat fish aint doing to bad either.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Wondering of someone could help me identify a shrimp

Post by zapisto »

without pictures ident will be delicate.
and i doubt any shrimp can survive a gorup of goldfish seriously.
xchairity_casex
Egg
Egg

Post by xchairity_casex »

well thank you darn maybe i will just set up another ten gallon i have tons of fish stuff lieing around several filters,air pumps bubble wands things like that. why do goldfish and other fish go so crazy for shrimp even live ones? i mean a few weeks back i got me ghost shrimp i picked out the biggest ones and my goldfish tank is very planted or was at least and all the shrimp (25) were eaten over night i know becuase the next day i went searching becuase i couldnt spot one so i removed all the plants which are all fake and all shrimp were gone. i mean do they just smell delicious or what?
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

Well
it is for them exactly the same thing when i see or smell a good chocolat
i just cannot resist :)