Ich Attack

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

FeedingFrenzzy
Egg
Egg

Ich Attack

Post by FeedingFrenzzy »

Ive been trying to find a shrimp safe medication to cure my neon tetras ich .ive found it its Ich Attack ,100% organic for fresh and saltwater aquariums .cures ich ,fungus,protozoans,and dinoflagellates.product is made by Kordon (aquaherbals) .im on the fifth day of treatment and noticing great results.all shrimp seem like they have noticed no change witch is great ,i was worried about them going down but all is well so far..i currently have 10 red cherrys,10 ghost shrimp and 2 singapor wood shrimp. one of my wood shrimp even molted through begining of treatmeant and is fine .tetras almost no sign of ich left. i will keep everyone posted!great product!
7Enigma
Larva
Larva

Re: Ich Attack

Post by 7Enigma »

While this sounds like an advertisement for a product I'll bite.

The best medication for Ich is heat. The only thing medications do is help to kill the free-swimming stage of the Ich organism. During the other life-cycles there is no benefit. With that said slowly raising the tank temperature to >87F for several weeks has solved previous bouts of Ich in mine and many other tanks. Added aeration is key during this time (since warmer water contains less oxygen capacity than colder), but no medication is needed. 7-10days post last signs of visible Ich is normally good enough, but I like to give another week to be sure, then slowly (1-2F per day) drop the temp back down to normal.