yamato shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

coco
Egg
Egg

yamato shrimp

Post by coco »

Hi i have just read that yamato shrimp will not breed in fresh water, mine are in a fresh water tank very well planted and they have babies. pic available if wanted.
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Re: yamato shrimp

Post by Newjohn »

coco
Amano Shrimp, Algae Eating Shrimp, Yamato Shrimp, Japonica / Caridina multidentata (formerly known as Caridina japonica)
Will and do breed in Fresh Water,
After the Larvae hatch and leave the Females tale they require Brakkish / Salt Water to develope.
Normal: larvae go through several planktonic stages before metamorphosing into post-larvae (miniature shrimp) and assuming a benthic lifestyle. For this process they need brackish water to full strength saltwater.
Are there any other Shrimp in the tank ?

A picture of the Adult Shrimp would be helpful to correctly identify the Shrimp.
petshrimpirock
Egg
Egg

Re: yamato shrimp

Post by petshrimpirock »

Please help me.
I had just bought 2 Yamato Shrimps at night, they seemed pretty fine. The next day however, only one shrimp was left! There was no way they could have jumped out as the tank was pretty high and there was no sign of any injuries/blood. Please help me as i'm getting worried. i put in some food but it still did not come out. Please Please help help me me.