Cherry shrimp has eggs , is she pregnant ???

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Barrows123
Egg
Egg

Cherry shrimp has eggs , is she pregnant ???

Post by Barrows123 »

Hi there , I purchased 6 cherry shrimp yesterday for my 8l nano tank and today I have already noticed that one of the females has a green/yellow egg looking things on the underside of her back , does this mean she is pregnant ? And She is always swimming constantly , any ideas why ? Any replys would be appreciated , thanks
Attachments
Here's a picture
Here's a picture
image.jpg (18.95 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
Barrows123
Egg
Egg

Re: Cherry shrimp has eggs , is she pregnant ???

Post by Barrows123 »

Anybody ?????? Reply ?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Barrows123 wrote:Anybody ?????? Reply ?
Patience...this is not a "hyperactive" forum. Shrimp aren't "pregnant". They carry eggs, hence they are either "berried" or ovigerous. And yes...your shrimp is (obviously) carrying eggs.
Barrows123
Egg
Egg

Post by Barrows123 »

So does this mean I will have baby shrimps when they hatch , if so how long until they will hatch ??
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Do me a favor and go read the rules section of this forum first. There you will also find, among other things, that you should be doing some research before asking every question under the sun. Specifically, read the articles section of this website where you will find a Beginner's FAQ. Then, do a bunch of searches on the forum for your questions...only *then* should you come back and ask a question or start a thread. I am deleting your other topic because you are essentially asking the same questions in different threads (and even in different forums where they don't belong).