Changing water/tank?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Imposing
Egg
Egg

Changing water/tank?

Post by Imposing »

After getting a gift of little shrimp in a jar over 5 years ago, I still have them!

As much as I love my little guys chillen on my bookshelf, the water has turned a really ugly brown. My shrimp seem alright, but I was wondering if/how to take them out of the plastic jar and maybe into a glass fish bowl? Is that possible an how do I manage that feat without killing them off in the process? Or is brown water not really that big of a deal?

I would love some help. Thanks guys. :)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Changing water/tank?

Post by Mustafa »

Just click on the "Supershrimp!" link on top of the page. That will also tell you what species you have and how to set up a tank for them (they need reef salt to mix up brackish water). After that you can search for relevant posts in the "Supershrimp" part of this forum. This is a general shrimp forum, but the species of shrimp you have has its own forum actually. If any questions remain after having done some extensive research (there is a *lot* of helpful information), you can go to the Supershrimp forum and ask ahead.