butterfly loach for shrimps tank????

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Shroitaka
Egg
Egg

butterfly loach for shrimps tank????

Post by Shroitaka »

hi, does anyone here ever have any problem or know if there would be a problem keeping a butterfly loach in a shrimps tank?? Beaufortia kweichowensis

thnx
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Never kept any of these with shrimp, but I had one in a fish only tank. Judging from it's way of eating and its morphology I would venture to say that they should be ok. They are delicate fish, though and you have to make sure that the temperature in their tank does not get too high. Otherwise they will die. They come from relatively cool mountain creeks and streams.
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

I have one butterfly loach (about 3 cm in length) who is living with my tetra and shrimp. The butterfly loach came to my home before the shrimp did. It spends all its time with the mouth on the grass like a movable sticker (never on the gravels or Java Moss). So far it has never attacked anyone and I have never seen it eat anything. Apart from the glass, it's not interested in anything at all. Aha, it loves water current. Therefore, based on my experience, it's safe to keep it with shrimp.
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

Addition :

At the same time, none of my shrimps is interested in the butterfly loach. My shrimps have never touched it. It enjoys water current on the glass as if it's enjoying a shower. Again, they get along well.