Why are Supershrimp not more widely produced?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Why are Supershrimp not more widely produced?

Post by Mustafa »

More people will see the "light" soon! :) I will actually start doing some advertising for the first time ever. I'm just worried that it will encourage some more unscrupulous individuals who happen to live where these shrimp naturally occur to go out there and basically poach them and sell them as "captive-bred" animals. I guess the only way to counter that is by educating people and hope they care.
Flippers
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Flippers »

Mustafa wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 pm More people will see the "light" soon! :) I will actually start doing some advertising for the first time ever. I'm just worried that it will encourage some more unscrupulous individuals who happen to live where these shrimp naturally occur to go out there and basically poach them and sell them as "captive-bred" animals. I guess the only way to counter that is by educating people and hope they care.

Maybe you should create a mini documentary on the destruction of their ecosystems with a link to your shop? This way you'll be advertising but also raising awareness to the issue.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Flippers wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:22 pm
Maybe you should create a mini documentary on the destruction of their ecosystems with a link to your shop? This way you'll be advertising but also raising awareness to the issue.
That's actually a good idea. I'll put it on my to do list. :)