Where to get supershrimp macroalgae?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

kyle0901
Larva
Larva

Where to get supershrimp macroalgae?

Post by kyle0901 »

Hello all, I live in Hong Kong, and petshrimp store simply doesn’t deliver to my area, I have a few questions as follows:

1. Where do I get this macroalgae in my area? I asked around nearly all local vendors and they just don’t have it. I am willing to pay good price for a delivery option.

2. What is the acurate scientific name of this algae? that might help me find it, it may have a different name here.

3. What are good common alternatives of this macroalgae if getting this specific type is really not an option for me? Will sea algae and coral help?

It seems you can’t find a lot of algae types that thrive in brackish water, this is really a big headache. Thanks!
Last edited by kyle0901 on Sat May 05, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Where to get supershrimp macroalgae?

Post by Mustafa »

Just contact me. Delivery to Hong Kong is not a problem. As for the scientific name....no idea. It's a Chaetomorpha sp. but which one I really don't know. I basically discovered it, so you won't just find this type in stores. What you'll find is the one sold for reef tanks which requires higher salinity in the long run and just dies off after a while in Supershrimp tanks.