Breather bag production stopped

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

bulrush
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Breather bag production stopped

Post by bulrush »

I thought this was important enough to people who ship animals, that I post this here. Original thread at:
http://www.petfish.net/forum/index.php? ... adid=33096

Here's the message:

-------------------------------------------------------
I contacted Kordon about the rumor they are discontinuing Breather Bags. The nice receptionist told me they had stopped production because they feel demand has fallen. They have alot of 4x8 & bag liners left, however at this time will not be making additional runs of breather bags.

I use these all the time, so I bought bulk from them, however I would like them to be available in the future. The receptionist said we EACH need to send an email to info@novalek.com stating we do use the breather bags and would like them to continue production. She said if they received enough requests, they would probably rethink the situation.

I just posted this to killietalk (if it went through).

Let your friends know.
-------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to tell them WHY you like Breather Bags and that there is nothing else that works like it.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks for letting us know! This is extremely important! Breathing bags are all I am using for shipping shrimp. They are perfect and I haven't had a single shipping related loss so far with thousands of shrimp shipped! Not only would I suffer but hobbyists would suffer, too, since their shrimp would be shipped in inferior fish bags.

I have emailed novalek already. I hope this information is not true, but I don't see any reason why anyone would lie about it. I encourage anyone interested in keeping shrimp to do the same.
chlorophyll
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by chlorophyll »

I hope this gets around.
I can't believe Kordon is the only one with breathable bags. They're great!
Though I do assume the average aquarium hobbyist doesn't use them a lot themselves (I don't use them a LOT, but they're the only bags that I do or would use).
MarcR
Larva
Larva

Post by MarcR »

Thank you much for the info i have emailed as well
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

Has anyone any latest news on the breather bags then?