Atyaephyra desmaresti

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Atyaephyra desmaresti

Post by Kenshin »

Mustafa or anyone,
Is this the real Atyaephyra desmaresti shrimp at aquabid.com auction? If this is the real deal, what is the water parameters they really live in? Thank you.
Ibn
Egg
Egg

Post by Ibn »

As far as I know, they are supposed to be real. He had them shipped from Germany (we trade PM's on another board) from the same supplier that's sending me some Cambarellus patzcuarense sp. orange (he asked me about requirements for Cambarellus in previous emails since I maintain a population of C. shulfertii).

We also went to the same supplier in Singapore in regards to S grade CRS.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Atyaephyra desmaresti

Post by Mustafa »

Kenshin wrote: If this is the real deal, what is the water parameters they really live in? Thank you.
In Europe they seem to prefer alkaline water parameters and might not do well at all in acidic water. Being temperate shrimp they only seem to produce eggs once a year and although the tiny larvae do not need saltwater, they seem to be very hard to raise as I have not yet seen or heard about a breeding report yet. Hope this helps.