Baby green shrimps

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Baby green shrimps

Post by Kenshin »

I finally a lot of baby green shrimps everyone :-D . They are so tiny like 1mm or 2mm in length only :shock: . But they are swimming around in the tanks and they look like missiles or torpedoes. So fun to watch :roll: . Now, I just need to learn how to shut off the flash on my digital camera :? so I can start to take some good pictures of my shrimps in general and post them on here.
BlueEL
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by BlueEL »

Wow it must be exciting! Please post some pics when you got a chance, I heard the babies tend to grow much slower comparing to cherries.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Congrats on the greens! They are much faster and better swimmers than most shrimp I have.
chlorophyll
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by chlorophyll »

How are they doing? When I had Green shrimp hatchlings, they were very active too, constantly swimming around, and fun to watch. However, they died off over the course of a few days...

Sometimes if shrimp are seen swimming very actively all the time, seemingly in the same patterns for no apparent reason, I think it may mean that something's not right with the environment and that they're stressed out (perhaps searching for better conditions?). Eventually the shrimp should calm down, but if they don't, they seem to succumb to whatever is alarming them.

I just hope your baby greens settled down a little bit and are still doing well.... unlike my experience :(
Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Kenshin »

Thanks for your concern chlorophyll. My green shrimps seem to calm down now, but they do still swim around here and there. I do still see them picking things from the Najas plant (guppy grass). Hopefully, this batch will grow out to be my breeding colony. :-D