New to the forum need help please

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Fish shed
Egg
Egg

New to the forum need help please

Post by Fish shed »

Hi I have just got myself 3 Rock shrimp ( see picture )

I am trying to find info. on them and I can only find cooking instructions. :shock:

Any one out there can help me with a link or info. Thanks :D
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

The problem is the common name you were given. Search the forum under "bamboo shrimp" or "wood shrimp". Also check
http://www.petshrimp.com/bambooshrimp.html
Earthgoddess
Larva
Larva

Post by Earthgoddess »

Hello looks like you have a bamboo shrimp? I have a aqualog that list a Atyopsis from Asia as resembling a moluccensis but it is suppose to grow to a larger size and it looks just like the shrimp in your image so maybe they are similar in care at least I would assume.
frugalfish
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by frugalfish »

Although badflash gave you the direct link, just look to the left of your message and you'll see something labled "Shrimp Varieties". Click on it and see what happens. There is tons of information on this sight and it only takes a little time to at least explore the site first and then start posting questions. Plus, you may just stumble onto something really interesting that you didn't know about. Now that you know the correct name of your shrimp don't forget to try and do some searches of the forum for more good info, there is lots.

Oh! and Welcome to the forum.
Fish shed
Egg
Egg

Post by Fish shed »

Thanks everyone. :-)
Caridina sp.
Larva
Larva

Post by Caridina sp. »

give him some water flow and a piece of driftwood it looks like he's picking the gravel for food. He should fan the water for food. Nice pickup :-D