Someone claiming to breed Amano Shrimp in Freshwater

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Jose
Egg
Egg

Post by Jose »

To bad that some people get the wrong information about their shrimps..

I know that Amano's don't breed in fresh water..

I have done a couple of breeding tests with Amano's in Salt/brakkish water and succesfully bred them...
Yesterdag a new group of Amano shrimplets has been moved from salt to fresh water.. About 70 shrimplets and still some in saltwater...

Jose
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi and Welcome Jose,

I have seen you on some of the other forums but am happy you have joined this one :D .

Congratulations on your success with breeding Amano shrimps. With the high number of babies you have it looks like you are pretty good with it. If you have the chance could you please share a little more about your set up and tell us how difficult it is to raise the shrimplets. I am eager to hear more from you.

Thanks.
Jose
Egg
Egg

Post by Jose »

Thanks for your welcome.. I looked for a place here to introduce myselve, but didn't see it..
and yes.. active on many Forums.. I like to gether as many information as i can get about shrimps.. :-D :-D

The number of shrimplets now is about 90 % of the larve I put in the saltwater tank.. and some shrimplets left there.. I think that at the end 95% is grown from larve to shrimp..
The shrimplets I now have are the children of my first 'home made' Amano's...

I now am waiting till the next female is pregnant to do another try..

Raising Amano's is not that easy as freshwater shrimp.. that's for sure..
DatDamWuf
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by DatDamWuf »

Jose,

welcome! thanks for the input. Would you recommend any particular shrimp forum/site (other than petshrimp.com of course)? This site is great but I'm always looking for more.

thanks,
~D
Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Kenshin »

DatDamWuf wrote:Jose,

welcome! thanks for the input. Would you recommend any particular shrimp forum/site (other than petshrimp.com of course)? This site is great but I'm always looking for more.

thanks,
~D
I believe Mustafa (our forum moderator and owner of petshrimp.com) will think this is breaking one of the forum rules. Please use the PM function when inquiring about other sites. :-D
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

It's not breaking any forum rules, it's just that it's considered "bad internet manners" to go on a forum and ask about what other forums there are. Just my opinion based on 11+ years on the internet and various forums. There is always google if one is on the lookout for more forums or websites. I actually encourage people to look around on google to see what else is out there. The right people will come back here anyway. ;) Keep in mind that this website was the first english-language website about shrimp keeping. Before that, there was no real information out there. So, most of the information you see out there originates from here anyway, even if people don't give the proper credit ("i heard somewhere that....").

I, for one, can't personally recommend any other shrimp sites or forums, otherwise I would have links to them already. Also, I would not have established this website in the first place if I had thought that there is good/sufficient/reliable information out there. I still see lots of speculation and even just plain wrong information out there.

Plus...with this being the best shrimp site/forum on the web, who needs another one anyway? :-D

PS: Welcome to the forum, Jose! :)
DatDamWuf
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by DatDamWuf »

Mustafa,

sorry if I offended, on other forums when shrimp topics come up I often refer people to petshrimp.com. I had no idea that it wasn't OK to ask if there were other good sources of info on shrimps here. :( This is the only place I know of to talk about them and get good info so far.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

This is the only place I know of to talk about them and get good info so far.
As far as English language shrimp/inverts forums go I have found ths one to be the most up to date and informative one I know and I have tried others :roll: I think it is alright to check the others out and even help someone else out on the other forum. It's just that here is were the motherload of information is :wink:
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

welcome to the forum Jose.

and thanks for the translation
will be in use very shortly and will let you know the result :)
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Jose wrote:To bad that some people get the wrong information about their shrimps..

I know that Amano's don't breed in fresh water..

I have done a couple of breeding tests with Amano's in Salt/brakkish water and succesfully bred them...
Yesterdag a new group of Amano shrimplets has been moved from salt to fresh water.. About 70 shrimplets and still some in saltwater...

Jose
Please start a new topic and most your method. I'm VERY interested!
Welcome to our forum!