My new project.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Sorry to hear about the loss during the heatwave :( I also lost some shrimp during the heatwave. I hope you have a bunch of baby shrimps again :D and will be waiting to see your pictures.
frugalfish
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by frugalfish »

Since there has been some references to people not reporting on bad experiences with their shrimp (I personally have posted nurmerous failings) I'll update this thread.

I recently had three females release young, yet still the survival rate is low. I think however that they may turn around for the next batch (hoping there is another) as the young I have now are growing faster and looking rather well compared to previous young. I have removed gravel to expose more mulm and moss to reduce competition for the microorganisms, so hopefully that has had something to do with the improvement of the shrimp. As always time will tell.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Bad and Good :) You are surely helping many people this way. Hope you have success in you future projects! By the way, do you have a leaf litter on the bottom of your tank? If not this will add so much more microorganisms/food for the young.
frugalfish
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by frugalfish »

Yep. Been adding that to the tank as well.
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

frugalfish
Good luck with the latest batch of young.

It is to bad, that our Shrimp have to endure, as we go through our learning curve.

Some of my Inverts had to deal with my own lack of knowledge.

Good Luck
John
frugalfish
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by frugalfish »

Update These shrimp are doing well and population is growing more steadily. I believe the original three have now all passed and the remaining residents are all the ones born in this tank. No problems to report here. :-D
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Great news :-D !
frugalfish
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by frugalfish »

Steady as she goes with this colony of shrimp. Having no losses and population continues to grow. Almost time to thin out the tank to avoid any overpopulation problems, but not quite there.
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by RCSGuy »

frugalfish wrote:Steady as she goes with this colony of shrimp. Having no losses and population continues to grow. Almost time to thin out the tank to avoid any overpopulation problems, but not quite there.
Great news :!: Congrats ;)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Great news! :) Keep the updates coming.