Feeding/food observation.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

frugalfish
Shrimp
Shrimp

Feeding/food observation.

Post by frugalfish »

I've recently got hold of my first green shrimp and crossing fingers they will pull through and become a new project. Unfortunately for the past two day they've been mostly hiding, have poor coloring, and no signs of feeding. Not looking good. Also I decided to take a chance on them because they are all female and all are carrying eggs. Now for the feeding/food thing. I lately have been stirring up substrates in my shrimp tanks from both removing excess gravel and to expose more mulm. Everytime I do this the shrimp get busy picking away at all the new "stuff". Actually I notice they seem to really go wild for it. Well the tank these green shrimp are in was due for a gravel disturbence and after performing this duty I noticed that the green shrimp for the first time really began to pick and I assume eat. Made me think that perhaps providing a good amount of natural food may have been a good reality shock. I don't know, but just an observation I wanted to share.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hope you do well with the green shrimp and they are able to hatch all of the eggs. Just keep observing the shrimp and see if they adjust well and color up, if this happens then you have less to worry about. Since this is about Feeding/food, what are you feeding the shrimp?
Gregor Samsa Mendel
Larva
Larva

Re: Feeding/food observation.

Post by Gregor Samsa Mendel »

frugalfish wrote:I lately have been stirring up substrates in my shrimp tanks from both removing excess gravel and to expose more mulm. Everytime I do this the shrimp get busy picking away at all the new "stuff". Actually I notice they seem to really go wild for it.
I've recently noticed this happening with my cherries. I now do a little bit of plant uprooting or gravel stirring as part of my weekly water change. The shrimp act as if I've just given them a treat.