a Neocardinia tank....Recommendions?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Asian_Vampire
Larva
Larva

a Neocardinia tank....Recommendions?

Post by Asian_Vampire »

Over here, I can get at least 5 species of neocardinia(green, brown, snowball, normal, blue and cherry) I'm interested in setting up a tank specially for them. The different colors and looks will probably make the tank a very interesting and lively one. Although I have no doubts about the other "original"species, I'm a bit hesitant with the cherries. After all, they were developed from neocardinia species similar to the ones I listed. Would they interbreed and have bad-looking, half cherrie-wil colors?

Some advice will always be appreciated. I always liked the wild ones because they are hardier and very easy to get(I can get them for 10 cents each or, if I'm lucky enough on a vacations, I could catch them myself)

:-D Cheers
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

Hi Asian_Vamire

Will you be setting up 1 tank for each color ?

If you are not, And if all 5 Shrimp are Neocaridina they will Inbreed/Crossbreed just not with the RCS but with the others listed and you will, as you say get "Bad Looking " Shrimp.

If you only have room for 1 tank, I would pick your favorite Color.

t must be nice to be able to collect your own Shrimp locally.
If you can, post pictures of what they are calling Green, Brown, Snowball, Normal, blue .

Good Luck
With Your Desission
John
Asian_Vampire
Larva
Larva

Post by Asian_Vampire »

Yeah, okay. I like the green ones; they have color and are just as hardy as the other ones. They also have lots of pattern differences. YOu don't have that with cherries....