flower shrimp okay in my tank??

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Asian_Vampire
Larva
Larva

flower shrimp okay in my tank??

Post by Asian_Vampire »

Hi guys, I was thinking on planting my 30 gallon endler's tank heavily with vallis, waster wisteria and anacharis, as well was some Java moss, and wondering a bit about what to put in there for some odditiy, I thought, hey, why not flower shrimps? They could eat the powdered food for the fry(sometimes), but most of all, with plants, there would be more micro-bacteria, so I though about it some more. It is a real pity that I can't get vampires, though. By the way, is a flower also okay in a heavily planted cherry tank?

Feedback always welcomed! :-D
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

I tried that, but the fish stressed out the shrimp.
Asian_Vampire
Larva
Larva

Post by Asian_Vampire »

Oh darn! What a pity! Maybe in it's own tank I guess.....
AnneRiceBowl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by AnneRiceBowl »

When I first started keeping A. moluccensis, I had a total of 6 in a 30 gallon long female betta splendens tank. They did fine. I have also keep the shrimp with endler's, golden wonder killifish, ABNs, and who only know what. Just be sure to give the shrimp cover and lots of current.
TKD
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by TKD »

I have mine in with neons, black neons, glow lights, peacock gobies and two dwarf plecos. They are out all the time, however my Vampires are always hiding.

TKD
Asian_Vampire
Larva
Larva

Post by Asian_Vampire »

Yeah, well, I was planning on planting the tank as heavily as I could, so I hope there won't be much problems.
waytiuk
Egg
Egg

Post by waytiuk »

Heavy cover and planting would probably do them best. My vampire shrimp, when in my 80 gallon, went to live in my box filter between the inserts-- needless to say I had to be very careful when changing them! I moved it to my ten gallon shrimp tank, where he promptly disappeared into a big piece of gnarly driftwood with lots of crevices that's covered with anubias. The piece is parked right by the filter intake and beneath the freshwater flow from the filter, so there's plenty of current in that corner for him.
Haven't seen him since. Wish he'd send a postcard or something so I'd know he's having fun... :lol:
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

Sounds like it's the perfect spot for him. I'm sure many vampire shrimp are jealous.