Introduction

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Moss Ball
Egg
Egg

Introduction

Post by Moss Ball »

Hello everyone! I am new here. I have really enjoyed all of the information on this site, it is amazing. In my office at work I have a "Bookshelf sized" 8 gallon tank with 24 Cherry shrimp, two small otocinclus, a Mystery snail, and a few neon tetra (I know, I know, but I keep them well fed, and the shrimp are doing fine as they have many hiding places.) My plants are java ferns on wood, a moss ball (of course) and some java moss. I have medium gravel substrate and a fair amount of wood in the aquarium for hiding places, as well as some live oak leaves for additional shrimp food opportunities. I have a power filter, but have placed a well sized pre-filter sponge over it to try to help protect any shrimp fry that may eventually come along. It is so relaxing to watch the shrimp zoom around the tank. My office is suddenly very popular! Thanks to everyone, especially Mustafa, for all of the good information and advice I have found here.

Moss Ball in San Antonio :)
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

welcome.
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

Welcome! If you're not very careful you'll end up with may more tanks. I've got 10 now, and am planning on two more next month.
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

Welcome Moss Ball!

Wow pixl8r, thats a lot of tanks! I only wish I had the time. :lol:
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

It's nothing like your setup. I just have tanks on a metal shelf, on my desk, and on two stands.
Suzie Q
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Suzie Q »

Welcome Moss Ball! I agree with the more tanks thing! I started out with a 6g eclipse type from Walmart, then got a 10g RCS tank, then I got a 55g, then I got another 10g, and I am just a few months from getting a 150g. I hope to be able to stop after the 150g! LOL!!! I am addicted!!!
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Once you have MTS (multiple tank syndrome) it doesn't stop until all available space is exhausted. You'd be surprised how creative you can become stashing tanks and cleaning up unused space. You don't REALLY need a refrigerator. You can put 3 more large tanks in that wasted space!
Suzie Q
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Suzie Q »

badflash wrote:You don't REALLY need a refrigerator. You can put 3 more large tanks in that wasted space!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
marusempai
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by marusempai »

There are times it's fortunate my husband has absolutely forbidden me from putting aquariums in the kitchen? :-D
AnneRiceBowl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by AnneRiceBowl »

I have 3 aquariums in the kitchen and one that separates the living room and the dining room. Then I have 4 or 5 empty tanks in my closet. This is in my new apartment.

In my old apartment, at one time, I had 5 aquariums in the living room, 3 in the dining room, and 2 in the kitchen, and at least 4 empty tanks in the storage room.
Suzie Q
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Suzie Q »

marusempai wrote:There are times it's fortunate my husband has absolutely forbidden me from putting aquariums in the kitchen? :-D
Sucks to be married in a time like this huh!!! LOL!!! My hubby says the same thing!

Wonder how I can sneak in more tanks? :twisted:
jewel911
Egg
Egg

Post by jewel911 »

Welcome moss ball i have 8 tanks 2 in the living room and 6 in my tank room i mean my room lol 3 5gal,2 55gal,30gal,10gal,and my 15gal :)