Can cherry shrimp naturally mutate into crystal red shrimp?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

mduros
Egg
Egg

Re: Can cherry shrimp naturally mutate into crystal red shrimp?

Post by mduros »

I just reread mustafa's article on mutating cherries again and can't help but wonder if my original 6 were hybrids. :?: None of them were adults and they came from a breeder not a shop, but I wonder...? Sorry... Genetics fascinates me. This is fascinating me. I REALLY want to set up a second tank dedicated to these... My rainbow fry are big enough that they are munching on the newly born shrimp and I don't think I want that right now. I was supposed to give a bunch of these away but reneged the offer because I want to see where this goes... :shock:
Take care,
Mary.
dhavoc
Egg
Egg

Re: Can cherry shrimp naturally mutate into crystal red shrimp?

Post by dhavoc »

that really white for a RCS, that may be part of the answer to your stripped female. all my males are at least a light red hue. your male almost looks like a snowball shrimp. i to have RCS that occasionally exibit clear spots on the shell, but not as defined as yours, mine are more white/clear spots. does not affect shrimps and they live and breed just fine. i think they are just genetic defects. nice shrimp by the way.