Green Stone Shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Serafin
Egg
Egg

Green Stone Shrimp

Post by Serafin »

Hi all.

In my lfs can order me a Green Stone Shrimp -Caridina sp. this is only 1 site with that picture
[link removed by admin]

is that a normal green shrimp or some fake color or something?

this is site from wich my LFS ordering shrimps:
[link removed by admin]

i also ordered Caridina Babaulti "Blue" 10 shrimps and now i find an info that will be no little blue shrimps from them,crap
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Re: Green Stone Shrimp

Post by Newjohn »

Hello Serafin
And welcome to the Forum.

Just to let you know,
The Rules state that there will be no Links to commercial sites.

The Green Stone Shrimp is a common name that the Exporters give there Shrimp.
And if you order Wild Caught Shrimp you may get a variaty of different species,

I have ordered Yellow Stone Shrimp and 1/2 of them looked like the Shrimp pictured and the other 1/2 looked like a elongata species.
I would have to say the same for the Green Stones.

The young will need salt water to survive.
John
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

ok, sorry for links

and what about this Babaulti "Blue"??? in my store they say that also called Caridina
sp. rainbow shrimp but that is again a mistake right?

Now i dont have any idea what kind of a shrimp i will have :(

then my pacake of my rainbow shrimps can be Indian Dwarf Shrimp,Indian Whitebanded Shrimp or some like this. so it can be mix of shrimps, right?

i can only try to cancel my order
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Serafin wrote:ok, sorry for links
If you're sorry for the links, then why did you not remove them? :roll: Please read the rules *very* carefully before posting again.
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

Mustafa wrote:
If you're sorry for the links, then why did you not remove them? :roll: Please read the rules *very* carefully before posting again.

i dont know how
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

I apologize, I totally forgot that I changed the setting when I installed the new forum software. You used to be able to edit your posts indefinitely with the old forum, but I set the edit time frame to half an hour to avoid people from deleting their post (all or most of them) contents once they leave the forum, which has happened several times before. I guess the downside is that I have to go in and edit non-approriate content myself every single time. So, for half an hour there will be an "Edit" button on the upper right corner of your post.

Again, I apologize, I reacted without thinking.
Serafin wrote:
Mustafa wrote:

i dont know how
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

no problem
sstimac
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by sstimac »

and what about this Babaulti "Blue"??? in my store they say that also called Caridina
sp. rainbow shrimp but that is again a mistake right?

Now i dont have any idea what kind of a shrimp i will have :(

then my pacake of my rainbow shrimps can be Indian Dwarf Shrimp,Indian Whitebanded Shrimp or some like this. so it can be mix of shrimps, right?

i can only try to cancel my order
Yes, you will probably get several different species depending on the exporter. Babaulti and Rainbow shrimp have been covered in the threads quite a bit, you should read up on them using the search function.
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

now in my store they say it is babaulti green or some people says blue. in fact i have no idea what kind of shrimp i will have in a couple days.
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

If you can
Post a few pictures.

It is always nice to see Pictures of members Shrimp :D

John
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

when they come i am gonna try to make some photos
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

today i finally come home with my shrimps. they came with name Caridina cf. Babaulti blue, but some have green, some red and other are glass color so i think its a babaulti green.

they have a stripe down its back so when i look at this shrimps variets must be green shrimp rihgt?

here is some pic

Baby_Girl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Baby_Girl »

yes, those look like cf. babaulti 'green' to me. But there are at least several green varieties of shrimp that are probably closely related (if not inter-hybridized) which can be very difficult to tell apart.

The red ones are the same variety (green shrimp), just under stress. Many of my green Caridina cf. babaulti arrived looking reddish/tan/brown which meant they were stressed and weak. In fact, some looked identical to the one you have in the first picture. Mine were wild-caught adults so all eventually died, but luckily I got babies before they kicked the bucket. Hopefully your red one will adjust to your tank and turn back to green. If it doesn't, I suspect it will die from stress. Could just be due to being in the shop after being shipped, and then this latest change in environment to your house.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Thans for the photos, the second picture is very nice. Baby Girl is right, the shrimp in the first picture is stressed. Hope everything works out, please keep us updated.
Serafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Serafin »

i hope all be alright. others are glass yellow collor, so just 1 red and 1 green.

but the main problem is that if i am right 9 of them have stripe down back and they are larger(females)right? and just a 1 some smaller male.

and if the male dont adapt to water or hang out with females i will stay with ony females and no babyes :cry:

in my country this shrimps cost 7€ each, so to get 20 more is too much for me at this time.

i can only hope that everything will be ok. shrimps come today directly from importer to me, no to LFS, and just hoping that is stres the main problem

i keep you posted