leaves ect with CRS

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

geordie john
Egg
Egg

leaves ect with CRS

Post by geordie john »

Hi Folk,
I keep Red Cherry shrimp , 3 tanks of CRS and have a small tank of green shrimp.
I've been reading with interest about the adition of leaves and Alnus sp. cones as I've kept all my shrimp with java moss and Quercus leaves after being advised to by a dealer a couple of years ago. Other advice I had seems to contradict modern practice as I have no filters in my tanks just Koi stones for loads of air ,I am also feeding quite generously ,a little at a time through the day , I change about
1/8 th of my water a week though this has been maintainance needed to keep my water more visible due to tanin from the leaves. The CRS are thriving (I started with 4 and now have in access of 200) I also keep my shrimp nearer the bottom end of their temperature scale 68 - 74 as I only have a heater now in my Green shrimp tank. I dont want to change my practice at pressent but my tanks arnt display tanks but I will some time want to set one up no dout ! any comments or just shrimp chat would be apreciated.
All the best,
G.J.
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: leaves ect with CRS

Post by pixl8r »

I highly recommend reading the articles linked on the main petshrimp.com page. Also use the handy search tool for tips about alder cones, and filtration.