Copper question? And is this a good diet?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

CaptMicha
Egg
Egg

Copper question? And is this a good diet?

Post by CaptMicha »

I looked this up on here but couldn't find a definitive answer. Is it bad for copper sulphate/sulfate to be in shrimp's food or not? I read that it's toxic to them but I read else where that every living thing requires copper. So which one is it??

And does this sound like a good staple (commercial) diet for them?

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein, min, 25.0%
Crude Fat, min, 4.0%
Crude Fiber, max, 12.0%
Moisture content, max, 8.0%
Ash, max, 8.0%
Calcium (Ca), min, 2.8%
Calcium (Ca), max, 3.2%
Phosphorous (P), min, .7%
Vitamin A Acetate, min, 30,000IU/kg
Vitamin D3, min, 6,000IU/kg

Ingredients: Hempola® hemp seed meal, honey powder, calcium caseinate (source of isolated protein), bee pollen, alfalfa leaf meal, brewers yeast, defatted wheat germ meal, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, yeast culture, spirulina algae, rose hips powder, kelp meal, haemotococcus tocopherols (as a preservative), vitamin A acetate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3), dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried lactobacillus product, dried bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium longum fermentation product, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, and dried bacillus subtillis fermentation product.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: Copper question? And is this a good diet?

Post by Neonshrimp »

This thread will be helpful in answering your question:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2649&hilit=copper+food

You should also use the search function to search key words "copper food" to find more information.
CaptMicha
Egg
Egg

Post by CaptMicha »

I looked this up on here but couldn't find a definitive answer.
Which means that I already read that thread and didn't find a definitive answer which is why I posted.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

I hope you find what you are looking for :-)
nick11380
Larva
Larva

Post by nick11380 »

The Ingredients you have listed tells me that this is a low quality food. I personally don't feed foods that contain (meals). For example: look for foods that list (whole) fish and (fresh) kelp. Not fish (meal) and kelp (meal). Most of the fish foods that I've looked at contain a lot of different meals. But there are couple good brands that don't.