Baby Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis soon!!!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Jackie
Shrimp
Shrimp

Baby Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis soon!!!

Post by Jackie »

My friend Pawel bought a few Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis from a breeder in Germany. And two of them are already carrying eggs!!! :smt026 (I'm not a big fan of funny emoticons, but I had to do this :wink: )

We're going to be grandparents of baby White Pearls, I'm so happy :D

Photos of the proud mommys carrying eggs:
http://www.jackie.webpark.pl/white_pearl1.jpg
http://www.jackie.webpark.pl/white_pearl2.jpg

They don't like to pose :wink:
abc
Larva
Larva

wow! gorgeous!

Post by abc »

nice pick-up... in fact, I'm very jealous. They look stunning! :smt020
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Nice pics. :) They should be as easy to breed as the Red Cherries. I'll get some of those shrimp later this year when I am in Germany. Since they are a German breed, you can't get them in the US. :(

Mustafa
beckypyyeung
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by beckypyyeung »

Hi Jackie,

I wish the eggs turn into healthy babies :wink:

Becky
Jackie
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Jackie »

beckypyyeung wrote:I wish the eggs turn into healthy babies :wink:
:D Thanks!
Polypterus
Larva
Larva

Post by Polypterus »

Oh nice shrimp ;) next month there is here around the breeder KAQ selling again some, I hope, in Braunschweig. So should get some too ;) last time I met him get some Caridina babaulti var. malaya :) - two have them having eggs too ;)

Visit germany? So can bring with some ghost shrimp ;) if you come along the north of germany ....
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Polypterus wrote:Oh nice shrimp ;) next month there is here around the breeder KAQ selling again some, I hope, in Braunschweig. So should get some too ;) last time I met him get some Caridina babaulti var. malaya :) - two have them having eggs too ;)

Visit germany? So can bring with some ghost shrimp ;) if you come along the north of germany ....
I have to get some of those "malaya" shrimp, too, once I am in Germany. As to to bringing shrimp over....that's going to be a little difficult since I do not have an aquarium at my parent's place in Germany (anymore) to keep the shrimp until someone picks them up. I don't want them to stay in Plastic Bags for days. The only way it would work is if someone picked the shrimp up when I land at the airport or when I get to my hometown (Rheine bei Muenster) the day I land in Germany. That's going to be a little difficult to do for most people.

Mustafa
samurai
Egg
Egg

Post by samurai »

Polypterus wrote:Oh nice shrimp ;) next month there is here around the breeder KAQ selling again some, I hope, in Braunschweig. So should get some too ;) last time I met him get some Caridina babaulti var. malaya :) - two have them having eggs too ;)

Is there any import regulations for bringing in those shrimps by hand-carry? In Indonesia, you do need to have import license, but usually you can walk away from being checked at the customs if you just walk through the green zone which I did when I rbing in some shrimps from Hong Kong end of last year :lol: . In Singapore I know you can bring 50 fishes with max 3 liter of water only. I know this from a friend in Singapore when I ask about bringing in some bettas to Singapore.
Polypterus
Larva
Larva

Post by Polypterus »

Hello!
I'm not sure yet, but think and read that need a lot paper and work if do it business way. And of cause not allowed to bring here red list species and anything dangerous for health and nature (like potato cause of potato diseas). Perhaps have to show, if bring fish, to an animal doctor at airport.
Cheers Florian