Hybrids

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

rclover
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Hybrids

Post by rclover »

I was wonder, what's sp bad about hybrids? I'm just wondering since I'm knid of new to this, so don't bag on me too much.

John
freeflyer
Egg
Egg

Post by freeflyer »

One problem with them is that in the world of fish/shrimp keeping etc if we start producing hybrids some of the offspring will have both traits some will have one or the other, either way all will be capable of producing offspring looking of one or the other or a combination. So when people trade sell etc these hybrids they go down the line get mislabled and bred with others to the point where everything in the hobby is a hybrid and there are no more true representatives of the species to be had. You may think you X then you breed it and end up with Y offspring.
In my opinion nature has produced so many awesome animals its just unecessary for us to "make" more. on top of the fact that alot of species in the future will only exist in the captive world.
Theres my feelings on it :wink:
kimco
Larva
Larva

Post by kimco »

I 'm with you 100%. There's nothing like the genuine stuff!! :lol: Nature's so much better at it than we humans can ever be!

Having said that, more often than not, this mixure is more likely an act of accident or ignorance as most of us are not aware of which type will mix breed with which, hence we just lump them all together!

Cheers,

KG