New Here!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: New Here!

Post by MrsT »

Nellyville41 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 pm Why does the shrimp do this to the snail? Lol
LoL because there were food on its shell.
Nellyville41
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Nellyville41 »

It’s been like a week and a half since I got my new shrimps and snails into the 3 gal tank! A few have molted since. Almost everybody turned red so far. My question is with the 10 snails that I ordered, only 2 or so come out to eat or move around. The other 8 burrowed themselves into the sand when I first put them in and haven’t been seen since. I know they’re doing fine cause the tip of their shell can be seen in various spots but i was wondering if this it normal for them? Also for the life of me I can’t see any algae growth! I know they’re eating the microorganisms but can a brother get a little algae please? Lol
Attachments
3 gal tank at home.
3 gal tank at home.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Yes, that's normal. They are primarily burrowing snails. The snails tend to me also mostly nocturnal. Once they get bigger and start reproducing you'll start seeing more and more of them all over the place and also during the day. As for algae growth...it'll come eventually. :)
Nellyville41
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Nellyville41 »

Mustafa wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm Yes, that's normal. They are primarily burrowing snails. The snails tend to me also mostly nocturnal. Once they get bigger and start reproducing you'll start seeing more and more of them all over the place and also during the day. As for algae growth...it'll come eventually. :)
Thanks Mustafa! Can’t thank you enough for always answering our questions. Lol. I actually want to rearrange my rocks to make a mini cave/hill but I don’t want to disturb them too much. Maybe I’ll just make some with the leftover lava rocks I have and then add it to the tank afterwards.
Nellyville41
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Nellyville41 »

So after a few weeks this little guy emerged! Baby snail!
Attachments
Baby snail!!!
Baby snail!!!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Nellyville41 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm
Thanks Mustafa! Can’t thank you enough for always answering our questions. Lol.
Of course! :) I'm glad that we have established and and are continuing to establish a community of Supershrimp keepers who help each other out.

And congrats on the baby snail! That was quick!